title won't display over the photo

mktk wrote on 4/6/2017, 2:32 PM

I'm creating a slideshow with Photostory on CD & DVD 10 Deluxe. I had a 2011 version but just downloaded the 2016 version. This problem is happening with both versions. I have a title fading in on the opening photo. The title is there (shows in the workspace below), but when I push "play" to view how it looks, the title does not appear as the line moves over where the title is supposed to be. I also tried "creating the slideshow" option. The title does not show up there either. Any suggestions? I'm on a PC with Windows 10. Thank you!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/6/2017, 3:17 PM

Hi

. . . . I have a title fading in on the opening photo. . . . .

Assuming you mean the image is displayed and the title appears on this image

If you are not in Timeline mode switch to it - you should then see the title object on the timeline and the first image object.

The title object should be on a lower track than the image (or video) object as shown below

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/6/2017, 3:18 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mktk wrote on 4/6/2017, 3:24 PM

Thank you! Yes, there is an image, and I added two text boxes that I set to fade in one after the other over 5 seconds. In timeline mode, the text boxes are there. And if I drag the "s" line over the image, the text boxes pop up as set. But when I hit play to preview what I created, the text boxes do not pop up on the image. Having said that, after I posted my issue, I played with the settings and it seems to work now. I went to file, settings, program and then chose the "display" tab. On the left, I changed it to "compatibility mode" and that seems to have fixed the problem. When I hit play now the text fades in as created. I'm hoping this won't be an issue when I get ready to burn the slideshow. Thank you for your quick response! Does any of this make sense? Have you seen this happen before?