Tips for getting Bassroom by Mastering the Mix to work in Acid

sheppo wrote on 12/20/2019, 2:41 AM

I have recently stumbled upon Bassroom by Mastering the Mix, and found it really useful for cleaning up the low end on my master bus. I have tried other products that claim to do a similar thing, including iZotope's new low end focus, but Bassroom's results just sound a lot nicer.

Whilst the results in Bassroom are great, getting it working has proved a bit of a pain, especially to get it rendering. Hoping some bugfixes will help improve its stability..

Audio devices setup

• The first thing you will see when loading Bassroom is a warning in its window stating "Please set playback and render latency to a multiple of 32 samples in your DAW's audio settings". Whilst you can ignore this and audio will be played, without resolving this the plugin simply will not function correctly.
  • If you are using ASIO4ALL you will not see this whilst editing your project, but if you leave the VST window open during render you WILL see this, and likely your project will not render correctly - random odd things happen like corrupted audio, mono audio, or the plugin will just not function.
  • To resolve this go to Options -> Preferences -> Audio Device -> Change the Audio Device Type to either "Windows Classic Wave Driver", or "Microsoft Sound Mapper", click Apply
  • EDIT: Change "playback buffering (seconds):" to 0.50 - without this set Bassrom wont render, you can set it lower whilst you're editing, of course. :)
  • Click Advanced
  • Change "Buffer Size (samples)" from the default - MME, to 512
  • Click OK -> OK - the warning should now disappear

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...