Time limit on edits for sound on Magix Video Sound lab 2014?

angelo.angelo wrote on 4/4/2014, 9:31 AM

I have never used this or any sound editting productis before.  I just want to throw that our there so my lameness isnt so bad.

Using:  Magix video Sound Lab  2014   

Question:  Im only tring to edit sound from a video.  When I import a 4 minute and 13 second .avi or .mp4  file the program only allows to  edit 3mins.  How do I expand this to allow editting to the entire video?

Yes I a paid version 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/4/2014, 1:46 PM

Hi Angelo,

We will need more information.

1. Are you using Movie Edit Pro (MEP) and exporting to VSCL from there? Or are you using VSCL as a stand-alone?

2. When you import the file onto the timeline do you see the entire file?

3. If not, did can you scroll to the right using the scroll bar at the bottom?

4. Did you try clicking on the - at the bottom right of the timeline to zoom out?

5. When you say you can only edit 3 minutes, what do you mean by this? If you have the entire file loaded and you keep it as 1 object, then any effects are applied to the entire object/track.

6. Can you supply a screen shot of the timeline similar to the one below? Notice that in mine I have a file that is more than 6m30s long.

7. What specifically are you trying to do with VSCL? You may be better off breaking up the file into objects, either in MEP or in VSCL, especially if different parts of the video clip have different sound cleaning requirements. In either application you can cut the video on each side of the part that you want to clean. In VSCL, use the scissors to make 2 cuts on the timeline. This creates a separate object. Click on it. Click on the Object tab in the bottom window of VSCL to apply effects to only the object.

Last changed by browj2 on 4/4/2014, 1:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos