This Is A Major Problem this been happening for a week now

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/6/2022, 10:44 PM

I purchased Acid Pro 10.00 A year Ago now i been with Acid Software since 1999 And never this problem i spent my last hard earned money on this update $150.00 and for a week loads and stop at one fourth of it for a week now my mom is a Pc Technician for 30years we did everything scanned & i reinstalled and i deleted all plugins started fresh and still a problem i have a dell touchscreen core i5 & 7th Generation so my Pc is up to date now i installed the trial of Acid 11 and everything works fine this is very upsetting i have no money to purchase a upgrade and in which my Sony verision's work perfectly just i was informed by you guys to upgrade in which caused me alot of heartbreak This is Sad Magix different inform me of their faulty Software

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/7/2022, 1:57 AM

@Draumatized-Musiz Hello, this is a user forum and no Magix staff is here. We are all just users like you. Some users advised to set compatibility mode to Windows 8 by right clicking on the program icon and then selecting Properties. You can also hold CTRL and SHIFT and then double click on the ACID program icon to open up a small window where you can reset the program settings and delete the cache. This could also help.

There is no need for an upgrade. Currently ACID Pro 10 and 11 are identical. ACID Pro 11 only offers new plugins which you certainly don't need.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/15/2022, 6:51 PM

Thank You Buddy that doesnt work its sad they do this when sony own them its perfect my sony one is perfect for 9years now its just that a few plugins i cant use on the older one its sad they messed of Acid i new once sony left bs

Sincerly Mr Draumatized Musiz

SP. wrote on 7/15/2022, 7:07 PM

@Draumatized-Musiz I'm not working for Magix. Like I said, here are only users like you. Please edit your comment and delete your serial number. Never post this information online. This is a public user forum and everyone can see your serialnumber and try to steal it.

First of all, you can contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net or shop@magix.net These e-mail adresses should also be listed in your order confirmation e-mail. You can try and ask for a refund. If you just bought ACID Pro 10 some days before the release of ACID Pro 11 you should be able to get a free upgrade, but I'm not sure this will help with the crashes. If you bought the program a year ago, you will very likely not be able to get a refund or free upgrade. Like I wrote, ACID 11 is basically the same program as ACID 10, just bundled with different plugins. Why should it crash less than version 10? ACID 10 should still get patches like ACID 11 or else the users in this forum will get very upset. Magix said they will patch ACID 10.

Otherwise, telling us that your mom is a PC technician is very cool, but not really helpful for us trying to help you. What hardware and Windows version are you using? What VSTs are you using (VST2 or 3, 32 bit or 64 bit). That would help us much more to be able to help you.

For example, have you tried to add one VST-Plugin at a time and then to test the stability of the program to determine which plugin could cause the stability issues? Have you checked the Windows Event Log for error messages, have you tried ProcMon to scan for possible problems? There are so many ways to find solutions. For example, you could reinstall Windows from scratch.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/15/2022, 8:35 PM

I’d did after I realized it thank you so much I love acid but don’t want to use fruity loops I feel it’s for non musicians

SP. wrote on 7/15/2022, 9:11 PM

@Draumatized-Musiz Yeah, no problem. For your next step, perhaps you should try to check out your VSTs one by one, until you find the ones that don't work good in ACID. I would guess that ACID has problems with some VST3 plugins, so try to use VST2. Maybe don't mix 32 bit and 64 bit plugins.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/15/2022, 9:21 PM

Yeah I thought the same thing a few weeks ago even though I have 64 but I reduced to 32 bit and when I installed the vsts I only add 32 but upon deleting the entire software no vsts should appear in loading I created a special vst folder & I don’t add them until I finish software setup which never occurs it’s like at Vst it stops and I control delete to end & I load Acid trial pro 11 & 7.0 loads perfectly

LooneyBinJim wrote on 7/26/2022, 1:25 PM

Do not mix Vst2 and vst3 plugins together in acid i found its far more stable

.Cancel the 32bit plugins from your list .Theyt just freak it out.it will crash

Magix plugins are now in vst2 and vst 3 again try removing the 32 bit plugins and vst 2 if you use morevst 3 .But stick to just 1 type it might help