There has to be a way... (Audio Recording)

Airmn21 wrote on 8/24/2008, 6:32 PM
Hello,  I am using MMM 12 and trying to figure out how to record audio while hearing the other tracks (or even a metronome).  When I hit record, a new window pops up, and records the audio seperatly and then asks if I want to keep the take. The audio quality is great, and I am also using a high-end soundcard, so I have no problems with latency or anything like that.  The problem is, I need some kind of reference while recording (trying to sing and play lead guitar over songs I created in MMM 12 w/ midi and drums) or else im way off beat or key when the take is loaded into the track.  I am sure there has to be a way to do this? I have never seen a multitrack program that couldnt do this (even some of the freeware ones). Especially since I spent about $70 on this program. Someone please help!

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 8/25/2008, 8:33 PM
Wow... this is a bit strange as it should do this out of the box!!! Music Maker does playback (monitor) existing tracks as your record. I'll assume playback is set correctly as you can play back your recordings.

Once your record window is open, click the Playback While Recording box (in the middle of the recording screen). This feature is only available after you have an existing track recorded. It will then stay checked until you uncheck it.

This will allow you to monitor existing tracks and play along with them while you record. A process called over-dubbing.

Cheers,
Justin