The software I uploaded doesn't have the same tools as the trial version - any ideas?

Tere wrote on 10/2/2012, 9:44 AM

I used a trial version of Magix PhotoStory on CD&DVD.  I ordered an upload of the 10 deluxe version and what I got when uploaded is titled Photo Manager 10 and doesn't look anything like the trial version and doesn't have the timeline and other tools as far as I can see.  The activation code was for Magix Photostory on CD and DVD 10 deluxe.  Do you think something was mixed up in the download?  I am so frustrated and am now on my deadline for this project, which should have been very simple.  I don't know how to contact the magix company directly.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  At this point it looks like I will have to purchase a different software.

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 10/2/2012, 11:42 AM

Hi,

Photo Manager 10 and PhotoStory on CD and DVD 10 deluxe are two completely different applications as you have already determined.  Do you still have the trial version of Photostory on your computer? If you do, launch it and use the activation code provided to activate the software that you want. Let me know what happens.

By the way I am a user and this is a user forum so you are not talking to anyone from Magix here.  I completely understand project deadlines as I edit video for a living.  If you need the contact numbers for the right group at Magix, tell me what country you are in and I will give you the right contact.

George

Tere wrote on 10/2/2012, 12:39 PM

I tried and it would let me enter the activation code, but there was a red X after the code and it would not let me load.  I tried uninstalling and reloading with no success.  I am in the United States.  I do appreciate you taking the time to provide the information for me.

gandjcarr wrote on 10/2/2012, 12:52 PM

Hi Tere,

Hang in there.                           

US, Magix Sales is responsible for problems with activation you can reach them here 1-305-722-5810 : Sales (9am - 4pm EST, Mon - Fri)  If that does not work, you can contact tech support here 1-775-562-0527 : Technical Support (9am - 4pm EST, Mo-Fr)

You could send a email but your request seems time critical so you should really just call, and don't take "no" for an answer.

Good luck, and please let me know how this works out for you.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

George

Tere wrote on 10/8/2012, 11:11 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back.  I abandoned this project and did something different.  I am now trying to get back to it.  The second time I uninstalled the photo manager and then tried to import the CD/DVD photo story it was there after I rebooted.  I am having trouble getting all of the slide show options downloaded and having trouble figuring out how to load a folder into the media instead of individual pictures.  I am trying to work with it.  I really want this to work for me because it seems like it has so much to offer.

Once again I apologize for the time it has taken me to get back to you.  I am very appreciative of the help you have offered.