The serial number is linked with the wrong email !!!

weeehabla wrote on 6/29/2020, 2:25 PM

My friend purchases  the  video easy Rescue your videotapes , from store in France between year 2017 - 2016. 

And she tried many times  to use the product but there was no way for her diagnos what is the problem ! .

So now in 2020 i borrowed the USB converter from her and want to try my chance to use it , and at the activation step , it told me that the serial number is already been used.

And this is the same problem that my friend face before , so while im doing my investigation ,  she told me that it bought it from store (Boulanger ) in city of ( Montivilliers ).

And the product was returned by customer and it was not a new one .

So someone took the serial number and linked it with their email then returned the product . 

I have the product now in my hand and i wan to use and i cant with the same serial number. 

I need like direct link to tech support of the sales department to solve this problem.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/30/2020, 3:54 AM

@weeehabla

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Given the "history" of this purchase - bought and registered by one customer, returned to supplier but registration presumably not deactivated, then sold to a second customer who could not activate it because the serial number was already registered to a different email address (the first purchaser), now you have it and are attempting to use and activate it - unless you are able to discover exactly who the original purchaser was and what email address they used I'm not sure even Magix Sales will be able to help you!

The link you need is the Support button in the header of any forum page, making sure you select your product and follow ALL the links to "Ask Support".

I sincerely hope you are able to resolve this.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 6/30/2020, 9:39 AM

@weeehabla

In addition to @emmrecs comment -

. . . . unless you are able to discover exactly who the original purchaser was and what email address they used . . . .

If this is not possible, there are several problems:

• too long a period, 3 - 4 years, between purchase in 2016/17 and now, trying to fix the issue
  • the product is outside of its support period
  • the issue is actually between the buyer and the store the product was purchased from.

IMHO the only 'fix' is to buy the latest version directly from Magix.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

weeehabla wrote on 6/30/2020, 9:58 AM

@emmrecs  i tried that , and there is no way to contact with real person only the bot or previous answers from questions not related to my problem, they did not provide a bold real link to contact with them.

@johnebaker its impossible to solve the problem with the store i think because right now the product outside the area of that place.

i think even with that long period , im asking not a tech support on the device it self , im asking help to unlink the previous email linked to the serial number that i have in the back CD or provide me with new one to link my email with.

i know this problem so awkward but its happen , and it is what it is 😅

weeehabla wrote on 6/30/2020, 10:02 AM

@emmrecs ok after going throw a lot of previous answered questions , the help link support worked finally , i submitted my request and will see the replay from them thank you both .