The new "update" or is it an "upgrade"?

Novice-John31 wrote on 12/5/2017, 6:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

System:- AMD Athlon 2 X4 3GHz RAM 16GB Card ASUS HD 6570 OS Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Recently my excellent Photo Story 2017 appeared to be slowing down, so I clicked on the free "Upgrade" service and there was a new 1GB upgrade, waiting for me to download. Which I duly did. Mistake!

To cut a very long story short, my beloved Photo Story 2017 was removed, something half replaced it and then removed itself. Magix displayed a window saying, "Specified account already exists". A window then appeared, inviting me to report the "error" to Magix, which I did several times. Only to find another window telling me that my messages to Magix were "timed out (12002).

So I thought, remove the lot using my Revo Uninstaller and reload Photo Story from my original disc. I could only remove it using Windows Uninstall (via Control Panel). Which I did. Then tried to load the program from the original disc, which failed(message Process Id; 3016). I went to bed, before the computer left the building through an upstairs window!.

This morning I opened my emails to find four messages from Magix telling me that my computer had encountered a problem and suggesting that I click on a FAQ link. In it the words "Specified account already exists" cropped up. I downloaded the "fix", applied it and to my surprise, was able to load the original program, without German being the first language.

My questions are:-

1) Is the latest "update" an update, or is it an "UPGRADE" to Photo Story 2018?

2) Now that I only have the original 2017 edition (presumably without updates), how can I download the genuine updates, without being attacked by the latest monster 1GB "update/ upgrade"?

I would appreciate any help with this matter,

John

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...