The most asked question on this Q & A?

rogdodge wrote on 7/2/2010, 9:40 AM
Is this the most asked question on this Q & A? How do I get the PC/Software for 'Rescue your Videotapes' to recognise the USB converter?

I have 'installed' the USB2 driver from the CD and it has gone somewhere on my PC - who knows where, my PC certainly doesn't know!

I have trawled the Q & A and have found many people asking the same question. I have downloaded drivers from various websites that some folk have suggested but nothing has worked.

I wonder why the driver install is not included when the software is installed? Why is it a separate install?

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 7/2/2010, 10:19 AM
What operating system do you have?

I know MAGIX doesn't make the hardware so that would probably explain a separate installation. I honestly do not remember having to install a driver for it, I could have sworn it was a legacy driver.

Man o' Lakes wrote on 7/16/2010, 2:24 AM
Hi roglodge,

a bit of deja vu here. You can install the program from the CD without installing the driver once again. The process is an additional one, which you do not need to carry out, which means it should leave your now successful driver installation well alone.

The program is available, separate of the Rescue your Videotapes package, which might explain, perhaps,  why the separate installation. 

Cheers M o' L