The Acid Loops / 8-packs were my security blanket.

bberg6671 wrote on 8/7/2017, 7:31 AM

I go waaaay back to the Sonic Foundry days with "Acid Music 2.0". About 2004 / 2005 (Acid 4.0), I got into a relationship and all my free time was gone. When I tried to get back into it with Acid 6.0, it was a little more "complicated". I tried other software, but I always came back to my Acid Pro.

I am committed to do get Pro 7.0 going. I purchased it 2 years ago, and I am finding my old 8-packs, CDs, etc.

I am looking for the Sony Sound Series CDs and cannot find them anywhere. I have many already, but still... I like my "Acid-ized" loops. 8-packs are gone too. What happened?

Soundpools are available, but Sony had a whole series of loops. Anyone willing to sell or trade ones that they aren't using? Wanna trade 8-packs? These are the tools that I know. I am just trying to ease into Pro 7.0 with acid-ized loops, then I will try different loops - mostly because it looks like I have no choice.

Comments

kinvermark wrote on 8/7/2017, 2:50 PM

Unfortunately the Sony sound library of loops and effects, and the 8 packs are no longer available. Maybe in the near future?

FYI, most (not all) loops provided in wav format are "acidized" and work great in ACID pro. I like producerloops and big fish audio the best.

bberg6671 wrote on 8/8/2017, 9:43 AM

I should clarify what I like about "acidized" loops - they provide the root note. Makes things a lot easier for me.

mick-bolwell wrote on 12/19/2017, 5:53 PM

I feel the same as you guys, around since Acid 2. I have all the 8 packs from about 2014 until the demise of Acid but I lost all my packs before that when my drive died. If anyone has some and wants to zip file them to my Dropbox let me know. I still "collaborate" as well with other loop masters 😵