System low on memory error message

Rob-Lucchesi wrote on 1/20/2023, 1:23 PM

When I open Acid 11, I open the track I'm working on. When I arm the track, I get the message "an error occurred while recording. The system is low on memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications." Windows 10 operating system.

Nothing else is open on my PC. This track played and recorded fine until today. Now, I can't record any new tracks, and if I just hit the record button, "An error occurred while recording. The request is not enabled for this device." Why now???

In addition to this issue, I'm not able to open the track without first going into Acid and opening the file. If I open the file before opening Acid, it crashes.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/20/2023, 2:56 PM

@Rob-Lucchesi Please check your audio driver settings in ACID, maybe try a different driver. Also check if microphone access is enabled in your Windows security settings.

Rob-Lucchesi wrote on 1/20/2023, 5:27 PM

Unfortunately, those didn't work... someone mentioned the memory at the bottom right corner (mine reads "record time (2 channels): 631:29:25... but I don't know what those numbers mean, nor how to change them, if needed.

SP. wrote on 1/20/2023, 8:02 PM

@Rob-Lucchesi It means that you have 631 hours 29 minutes and 25 seconds of free space but of course only if ACID has writing privileges for this folder. Does it make a difference if you run ACID as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

Windows updates over the past years have tightened security which sometimes breaks old programs and ACID wasn't updated a long time. What happens if you disable your firewall or Windows Defender temporarily?

Rob-Lucchesi wrote on 1/21/2023, 5:25 AM

I had a feeling... our computer has plenty of free space, RAM, so on. I can't use ACID8 now, either (same error message). It doesn't make a difference if I run it as an administrator or if I turn off the firewall. I'm not sure if uninstalling and reinstalling will fix it, but that's a last resort...

SP. wrote on 1/21/2023, 5:48 AM

@Rob-Lucchesi You could also try to right click on the program icon, select properties and change the compatibility mode to Windows 8.

If you hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to start ACID and wait until a small window appears (still hold CTRL and SHIFT until you can see it), you can reset the program settings of ACID. But I'm not sure if this will make a difference.

Rob-Lucchesi wrote on 1/21/2023, 6:17 AM

Nada, nada... I appreciate all your help on this, though. I believe my computer is installing Windows 11 (not by my choice), so it's good to know I can theoretically run this on Windows 10. It was working fine yesterday morning on W10, but I stepped away for a few minutes and when I came back, nada.

David-DeWitt wrote on 8/23/2023, 8:59 PM

When reinstalling acid pro 10 it doesn't start downloading, it's already there. HERE IS THE PROBLEM. It wont fresh download regardless of install and reinstalling Win 11 which takes hours for me is not the way you treat customers, otherwise NO ONE SHOULD BUY THIS PROGRAM, and see to get a refund.

SP. wrote on 8/24/2023, 12:44 AM

@David-DeWitt The firewall or Windows Defender temporarily is blocking the download on your computer.

David-DeWitt wrote on 8/24/2023, 12:06 PM

The Download exist once downloaded and works fine as long as it is the 1st download. After use for a while it reaches NOT ENOUGHT MEMORY, and won't record after the and reinstall shows it is still in there because when trying to reinstall it takes 2 sec. when at 1st took a lot longer. The first magix studio never did that you could record and never have a problem.

David-DeWitt wrote on 8/24/2023, 12:20 PM

And just in case anyone asks the memory usage small box at the bottom of my program reads 12/16,221mb. So does it make sense the program says low memory?????

Joseph-Davis5395 wrote on 8/24/2023, 12:22 PM

So is there a fix!!!!