Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/22/2019, 10:57 AM

@George-Felton

Hi George,

I hope that you're using PhotoStory and not Photoshop.

Make sure that you're in Timeline mode and not StoryBoard. Grab the lower left or lower right handle of the image object and drag it left or right.

Or, right-click on the image object and select View Duration. Change the duration in the dialogue box by dragging the slider or typing values into the m:s:fr box. "fr" means frames.

The default duration of any new image is 7 seconds. You can change the default under the Program settings, File, Settings, Programs, Options tab, to what you want. I have mine set at 4 seconds.

You can also trim an image or video clip using the scissors or selections under the scissors dropdown. Click on the down arrow to see the options and not the shortcuts as these will be most useful to you. So, you can place the playback marker exactly where you want the image to end, select the image, shortcut U, and the right side will be cut out leaving a blank. Click on the button to the right of the arrow to be able to select all objects to the right, and drag the one to the right of the hole to the left to close the gap. Alternatively, if this button is set before doing the U, then the gap will be closed automatically. Do some tests to see how this works.

Unfortunately, PhotoStory does not have a setting for just doing this on a track. Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium has this possibility and much more.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

George-Felton wrote on 10/22/2019, 2:07 PM

Thank you so much for the quick reply! That was what I was looking for. I have Photoshop CC too, but this question was definitely Magix Photostory

George