Subscription Extension Offer when I click on "Check for Updates"

Alphaville wrote on 10/15/2018, 1:58 PM

I'm slightly confused by the recent offer of a Subscription Extension which opens either when I open Xara Designer Pro (XDP) or when I click on "Check for Updates" from within the programme. I assume that this offer is of no particular advantage to me since I have already paid for a year's upgrades and add-ons on (the annual) renewal of my subscription to XDP earlier this year. So this active sub should entitle me to any and all updates and new features that are available, shouldn't it. If that is the case, at whom is this ad targeted at and why am I receiving it - is it perhaps at users of earlier Xara Designer Pro releases who have not re-subscribed?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2018, 4:04 AM

@Alphaville

When does your current Update Subscription expire? It is normally 12 months to the day from when you originally purchased the software. I think, if that date is drawing near, you will be automatically "reminded" that it is necessary to renew your subscription to maintain the update service.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Alphaville wrote on 10/16/2018, 2:02 PM

Hi Jeff,

thanks for responding,I'm not even close to my subscription expiry date which I last renewed in early July. And I have access to all the new features touted in the advert so I don't need to extend my subscription.

There's a suggestion from Magix that I can change my email notification settings in my profile so I'll have a look and find out how to switch off the subscription extension purchase nag screen.

At the same time I have to admit that one useful feature of the subscription extension renewal ad is to draw attention to or remind users of features that they had either forgotten about or were unaware of.

Regards,

Peter.

shgrude wrote on 10/17/2018, 5:35 PM

This is possible due to that the last Version needs a reinstallation, as noted in the release post

https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/release-xara-designer-pro-x-16-the-ultimate-package-for-design--1215143/

Try to login to Your account on magix.com and download the installation file from there.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bits) OS 19041.450 (2004)
Memory: 64GB
Sound Card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 1920x1080 6GB