Stuttering / crunching noise when using Izotope Trash...

whogoesthere wrote on 6/19/2019, 12:05 PM

Hi guys,

Hope you can help as this is baffling me.

I have a project from Acid 7 that has a channel with Izotope Trash running, and it appears whatever setting i use on the VST it has this horrible crunching / stuttering noise whenever the sample plays on that channel. This happens whether i open the project in Acid 7 or newer versions. I initially thought there might be something wrong with the plugin installation, but running the exact same effect chain in Reaper with the same version of Trash sounds fine and doesn't have the noise at all....even going a bit mental with Trash settings, the noise doesn't happen. I have tried running 32/64 bit versions of the plugin in Acid, but the noise still happens.

Another quite important thing to note is, when i play the sample in Acid WITHOUT Trash, the sound is fine, but if i then render that sound (also without trash) its bounces with a stutter similar to that of when i have the plugin active.....obviously just not effected by trash.

This has fried my brain so any help / ideas of what to try would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

sheppo wrote on 6/19/2019, 2:44 PM

Only thing I can think of is that Acid doesn't like the original sample, for whatever reason. Try converting it to a WAV outside of acid, then in the project, go to right click->clip properties, then in the clip properties window click the replace button in the top right, then give it the new file.