Comments

ERIC-BIRD wrote on 5/4/2021, 12:32 PM

Magix has sneakily removed Stem Maker from the program and if you puruse Magix's web site you'll notice you can't find any mention of Stem Maker anymore , which it used to be heavily mentioned.The toolbar popping up is cruel , but probably just a bad programmers rush job to remove Stem Maker.Magix has given no info on why they removed it.

ERIC-BIRD wrote on 5/5/2021, 12:21 PM

It now has decided to retroactively make Stem Maker a Suite only feature without telling Pro users

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/5/2021, 12:32 PM

It now has decided to retroactively make Stem Maker a Suite only feature without telling Pro users

When I look at version comparison there is no sign of Stem Maker in Suite.

Djronrella wrote on 5/5/2021, 12:51 PM

Although @Graham-Hawker and @ERIC-BIRD your correct!

If you look at acid pro features! Look what I found!! but still stem maker is not found!?

I copied from Magix Acid Pro page!

WHAT'S NEW IN ACID PRO 10? ACID Pro 10 is better than ever, and comes packed with even more creative tools, instruments and effects plus the latest audio technology. Extract individual stems from your favorite recordings with the zynaptiq: STEM MAKER 2, use the power of the new ACID Morph Pads for endless remixing ideas, or play ACID like an instrument with the all-new version of the MIDI Playable Chopper. Explore the new world of ACID Pro!

Read more: https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/acid/acid-pro/new-features/

ERIC-BIRD wrote on 5/5/2021, 1:15 PM

https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/acid/acid-music-studio/version-comparison/

This is the page where I found the comparison chart that shows it as a suite only

ERIC-BIRD wrote on 5/5/2021, 1:17 PM

As a Pro user who suddenly had the feature actually removed in a software update , I feel Magix is kinda being shady.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/5/2021, 1:21 PM

https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/acid/acid-music-studio/version-comparison/

This is the page where I found the comparison chart that shows it as a suite only

I have a feeling this is just a case of Magix not updating all their pages. That page includes two different version comparisons.

Fredrik-Lundstedt wrote on 5/6/2021, 4:59 AM

This is bad, taking away already paid features. Anything else they have taken away? I have not had time to go through the new update...

Jay76wd2 wrote on 5/6/2021, 5:32 AM

I find it misleading that it says everywhere (including the manual) that Stem Maker is a feature except one. I was happy with Music Studio 11, but upgraded bc I wanted to remix old songs I did on Acid 3 almost 15 years ago. Being a lifetime Acid user, I’m really disappointed in this. I think it should be brought up and ask for reinstatement of Stem Maker or some other form of compensation. Not necessarily financial compensation but something.

ERIC-BIRD wrote on 5/6/2021, 7:34 AM

I recieved this as a response from Magix

"Due to technical & legal problems we were unfortunately forced to remove the Stem Maker.

If you still have the installer for ACID before the update, the Stem Maker is still in there, however, Magix has no longer rights for it moving on to newer updates and versions."

No explanation though , on how there still able to offer it in the Suite ! I responded with that question and am waiting a answer. Magix's not being honest with its customers !

ERIC-BIRD wrote on 5/6/2021, 7:37 AM

I think the free coupons for the 3 loop packs was supposed to be compensation of sort.You know like here kid have some candy for no reason at all.

SP. wrote on 5/6/2021, 7:41 AM

@ERIC-BIRD Thanks for the information. You could try and also ask Zynaptiq if they want to tell you what happend.

Newman-cz wrote on 5/14/2021, 9:47 AM

I didn't need STEM Maker the whole time it was available. When I finally have a project where it would suit me, Magix will delete it ....

Matt-Francis wrote on 5/14/2021, 11:07 AM

I only just noticed it was gone, lol.. Used it once and it was kind of garbage so I never used it again.

Kevin-Callahan wrote on 5/17/2021, 12:31 PM

hopefully magix could integrate spleeter instead? (or at least allow us to import a zipfile of stems and apply each to 'sub'-tracks)..

David-Payton wrote on 7/23/2021, 11:22 AM

I've been a Acid and Sound Forge user and upgrader since Sonic Foundry. By eliminating a program offered (Stem Maker) you have lost my business. I question what other offered programs will be eliminated or crippled in the upgrade? No trust, no sale.

SP. wrote on 7/23/2021, 1:17 PM

@David-Payton You can try https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI as an free alternative. It creates even better results.

Former user wrote on 7/25/2021, 4:49 AM

You can't change history by reciting history books, people.