Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/15/2022, 4:52 AM

@Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann

Hi

Not all Soundpools, particularly older ones and 3rd party loop colections, cannot be used in the Song Maker as they do not have a necessary support file.

It looks like the Russian Bass soundpool has been discontinued.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 11/15/2022, 5:21 AM

@Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann I still have a backup. Copy the description.xml and the properties.json into the Soundpool folder 'EDM - Russian Hard Bass'. I think it should work after you copied the files.

https://we.tl/t-shpMYBo2AF

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 11/16/2022, 3:13 AM

@SP. thank you very much. I compared the two files to the ones I already had and they're identical. The new "AI" info is stored somewhere else. I have some homemade soundpools that also produce similar messages indicating missing info. All of these used to work without errors in the previous "non-AI" songmaker and it would be interesting finding out where this "AI" info is stored and how to add to it.

Thank you also @johnebaker for responding. From the info I could find, this soundpool seems to be from Feb 2020. It was released before the AI update, but it is not really "old". I did find that poducerloops still has it in its catalog of Magix soundpools https://www.producerloops.com/Download-MAGIX-Russian-Hard-Bass.html, and it is listed as a Magix product, not 3rd party (it is even part of the 77% off sale same as other soundpools)

Maybe it's censored because of the war?

SP. wrote on 11/16/2022, 4:28 AM

@Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann You can disable the error message in the Song Maker if you set the AI Effect in the Song Maker settings to Mid or Low. If I set the AI Effect to High I also get the error message, but it still works and generates a song out of the Soundpool.

You might need to copy the properties.json to C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker\ShopManager_mm31\metaData The files are nearly identical, only the "aiLoopProperties" at the beginning and the "uid" at the end and the file name are different. The file name is a GUID. I'm not sure, if you need to have a special GUID that only works with this Soundpool. I tried it and the error message doesn't go away.

johnebaker wrote on 11/16/2022, 7:11 AM

@Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann

Hi

. . . .  It was released before the AI update, but it is not really "old" . . . .

I was referring to older soundpools in general, the comment was not aimed at the particular loops you ere referring to.

. . . . I did find that poducerloops still has it in its catalog of Magix soundpools . . . .

I too found that, however you would need to check with Producerloops, who are are a third party catalog/supplier, that the Soundpool is actually available as it appears they only provide a link to a download location which may no longer be avaialble.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

TJP wrote on 6/24/2023, 8:49 PM

@SP. @Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann Do either of you still happen to have a backup of this? I thought I had it backed up, but I apparently only have the file cache. I think I technically have all the files for it in the cache, but it's all mixed in with all the other files from other pools and it's being difficult to rebuild this specific pool from that.

I opened a support case since I have the receipt from my original purchase, but I am not sure how that is going to go to be honest.

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 8/6/2023, 8:55 PM

@TJP I do have it on disk, did you get it solved through support?

TJP wrote on 8/6/2023, 10:05 PM

@TJP I do have it on disk, did you get it solved through support?

I originally had another member reach out, and then support came it afterwards with a solution as well. They should have a solution in that same situation in case someone stumbles on this.

Thanks for checking!

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 9/12/2023, 1:05 AM

For reference, this was re-released as "Hardbass" with the file names changed (mostly to color names, no more references to Russia, and some names that were unrelated to Russia have been changed too, for consistency). The vocals were removed. This was a free update for owners of "Russian Hard Bass".