Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/18/2018, 5:36 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum

Please read this topic and put the following information in your profile signature so we do not have to ask for it: 

• Computer specification - processor make/model, graphics card or chipset make/model, audio card or chipset make/model, RAM,  hard drive configuration and sizes?

• Windows version and is it up to date?  Press and hold down the Windows key and the R key - in the dialog that opens type in winver and press enter.

• Software full name and version number - as found under Help, About . . .

Also when posting please include the following where applicable:

Audio and/or video file formats being imported
Export format and settings used
MediaInfo data on audio or video - see below

For the issue with importing video please use MediaInfo to analyse a problem clip and post the results from the Tree view in MediaInfo.

Photostory is currently at version 17.1.2.121, if it is at a lower version number try updating the program and imorting the video again.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

graham-herde wrote on 2/18/2018, 9:59 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum

Please read this topic and put the following information in your profile signature so we do not have to ask for it: 

• Computer specification - processor make/model, graphics card or chipset make/model, audio card or chipset make/model, RAM,  hard drive configuration and sizes?

• Windows version and is it up to date?  Press and hold down the Windows key and the R key - in the dialog that opens type in winver and press enter.

• Software full name and version number - as found under Help, About . . .

Also when posting please include the following where applicable:

Audio and/or video file formats being imported
Export format and settings used
MediaInfo data on audio or video - see below

For the issue with importing video please use MediaInfo to analyse a problem clip and post the results from the Tree view in MediaInfo.

Photostory is currently at version 17.1.2.121, if it is at a lower version number try updating the program and imorting the video again.

John EB

Thanks John,

My photo story is the latest available download version, up dated immediately before use. The problem may be with Windows 7 or the camera used. I will not be changing the computer or the camera. I have reloaded from the download.

I purchased Photo Story because it offered the possibility of a more sophisticated and better way to make my travel slide shows than AVS Video editor ( still on my computer ) or Roxio Platinum ( now deleted ) No problems with either.

I will go back and try a few other things but at the moment I looks if Photo Story is a dud and I have done my dough.

johnebaker wrote on 2/19/2018, 4:03 AM

Hi

. . . . The problem may be with Windows 7 or the camera used. . . . I looks if Photo Story is a dud . . .

The problem is most likely with the video format or a codec missing from your PC not Photostory.

What is the make/model of the camera and the video file format eg MP4, MOV etc?

The MediaInfo information of a video clip from the camera is important - it will tell us what codecs are in the video file and if you need to install any.

Do not install any of the 'all in one' codec packs eg K-Lite etc , they are not necessary and can cause issues with video and Photostory, if you have one of these codec packs installed then try un-installing it.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/19/2018, 4:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

emmrecs wrote on 2/19/2018, 4:07 AM

Hi.

I'm sorry you are experiencing these problems but unless you are prepared to help us to help you by, at the least, answering all the questions that John posed, any solution becomes impossible to find.

Does your computer meet at least the minimum requirements for the software, as on this page? Apart from the fact you are running Win 7, we actually know nothing about your computer.

If I may say so, it does seem very defeatist to give up quite so quickly! 😀😀

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

graham-herde wrote on 2/21/2018, 12:23 AM

Sorry you all think I am defeatist. Not so. Photo Story is promoted as download and use. I have just gone back to AVS 4 Video editor, not as sophisticated, slightly more complex to use, but adequate for my purposes. I will continue to download Photo Story updates as they become available and who knows the glitch ( unique to Photo Story ) may get fixed.

Cheers Graham

johnebaker wrote on 2/21/2018, 9:50 AM

Hi Graham

. . . . I will continue to download Photo Story updates as they become available and who knows the glitch ( unique to Photo Story ) . . . .

The problem will never be fixed if the issue is with the video - I suspect that the video codec used in the video file is missing from your computer, this has nothing to do with Photostory it will use the correct codec if it exists on the PC.

Note: some programs do not share their codec with other programs and this may be the case with AVS video editor.

I could make an educated guess ,however the MediaInfo for the source video clip will either confirm my suspicions or give us an insight into where the problem may lie.

HTH

John EB