[Sound Forge] - [Acid 4] - Wave Hammer - sfhammer.dll - need X64 bit

Dennis-Fehler wrote on 5/15/2022, 5:35 PM

Way back in 2004 thru 2007, - I used Acid to record about 40 multi-track songs. [I thought that musical effort was lost to time] because over the years the Acid Version I had would not support more recent USB I/O's - [no drivers available]. Yesterday, I discovered Magix has taken over Acid and I just purchased Acid 10 pro. I opened one of the old recordings and I get the message that "Wave Hammer" is missing. Is there a way I can get the old wave hammer working on my new Windows 11 - Dell XPS 8950? It is a "very useful tool" in my recording efforts. [Any help would be greatly appreciated].

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/16/2022, 6:41 AM

@Dennis-Fehler I don't think that WaveHammer is still included in ACID. It is available in my version of Sound Forge 15 Pro Suite but if I remember it correctly it cannot be used outside of Sound Forge.

Basically you can replace WaveHammer with any Compressor / Maximizer to get a similar result.

Dennis-Fehler wrote on 5/16/2022, 7:20 AM

SP -- Thanks for your information. [I'm trying to avoid "fixing" the legacy music - if there is any way to incorporate the Wave Hammer].

G-wiz wrote on 5/28/2022, 10:04 AM

@Dennis-Fehler I was just thinking the same thing, I have hundreds of songs using the Sony wave hammer but I was doing some research and CLA plug-ins are some of the best vocal compression VST tools out there. I have yet to try and use them as I just upgraded last night and I even tried to move the .dll files for the old plug-ins into the new folder but it pops up in the “failed” folder. 😞 I will update you on the best solution for compression I find. My favorite was the “voice”preset. It fixed and brightened every vocal instantly!