Sound and video out of sync "Rescue your video taoes"

troubled wrote on 10/9/2009, 10:18 AM
I have Rescue your video tapes V2 and experience a strange problem when transfering to my computer. The sound and video does not remain in sync during the transfer (up to 3 hours from VHS tapes). However it is not a constant drift as there are differences after 30 minutes or so into the recording. If the drift was constant the video (always in front of the sound) would be minutes out, which it isn't. The variation is typically from zero to 15 seconds. It is enough to be obvious eg door closes but the sound comes later!

I have tried it with and without scene detection but it seems to make no difference. The package includes 2 different USB audio drivers - is there or should there be a difference?

Needless to say there is no out of sync when watching the tapes on a TV so it is something to do with the transfer process.

Any input would be appreciated. My computer has an AMD 64 x2 6000hz processor, 3 gb RAM and the latest WD SATA hard drives (1 TB on the drive I save video to) so I would be surprised if it was my hardware.

Comments

abbak wrote on 10/9/2009, 5:08 PM
Hello ,

try to due the capture with the quality MPEG: DVD

Magixien

troubled wrote on 10/10/2009, 3:02 AM
I have added a note to my original question.
mantonis wrote on 1/4/2010, 7:04 AM
I have the same problem with audio and video sychronisation using MXV:DVD. In addition the video quality was very clearly worse than the original.
I resolved the synch problem by using MPEG:DVD. Unfortunately I had to lower the bit rate and quality settings to prevent the processor (2 core Intel 1.8GHz) on my PC from becoming overloaded and dropping too many frames. The usable bit rate and quality settings resulted in an even lower video quality than I can achieve using MXV:DVD. NB I closed all other applications!!
I am going to experiment with using a computer with a faster processor.
If anybody has any practical advice re this I would appreciate it.