[SOLVED] I don't understand how to redeem my credit?

Elk wrote on 4/8/2023, 7:59 AM

Hi, so I recently got music maker through the humble bundle, and when i activated my account it said I had credit to redeem items for free. Which sounded great- but whenever I open the menu it seems to only be a discount, and not a free redeemal? How do I actually redeem something for free? Because whenever I press buy, it just tries to bring me to a payment window.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/8/2023, 8:35 AM

@Elk At the bottom of the store tab should be grey icons with yellow numbers representing your store credits. If you click on them you should see a list of valid items that can be redeemed. Does this help you?

Elk wrote on 4/8/2023, 8:47 AM

@SP. Clicking on them does bring me to the page of supposed redeemables, but they all still show up with a pricetag despite the text stating i can activate one item from the category it shows for free.

When i go to the startup menu and press "redeem credit", it states that I can redeem:

1x free tiny instrument

2x free instruments

1x free soundpool collection

1x free soundpool

However, each menu shows a pricetag on the items it states are redeemable for free, and pressing purchase does not give me a dialogue to get it with a free redeem. It just tries to make me pay for it.

SP. wrote on 4/8/2023, 9:12 AM

@Elk Usually, as soon as you select an item the price should go down to zero before you need to pay. Isn't this the case for you? The items may still show a price as long as you look at them in the in-app-store.

johnebaker wrote on 4/8/2023, 10:17 AM

@Elk

Hi

See this tutorial on redeeming your credits.

Do heed the warning in the description text of the tutorial.

The example given is for Soundpools, the same procedure applies to Instruments etc.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/8/2023, 10:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Elk wrote on 4/10/2023, 10:37 AM

@johnebaker Thank you! It seems that the discount is now applying correctly when it wasn't before, so maybe it was some weird program mishap that resolved itself.