Software issue and reinstallation

Cory wrote on 1/13/2022, 1:24 PM

I recently upgraded to acid pro 10. I have a HP dw3xxx laptop running windows 10 home. I added my usual plugins successfully and did a wav audio test recording using my mic. First thing i noticed was the latency was pretty off. Which is common, I've dealt with that before. But it seems to speed up and slow down on its own. Within the same recording. The next issue is that when i play the recording back the pitch is lower than it should be. I checked to make sure none of the plugins were working on their own just to be sure and they weren't as far as i could tell. Does anyone know a solution for this? I tried installing and assigning aiso4all to see if it would help but it wouldn't even record at all. I figure the best thing for me to do would be remove the plugins and reinstall the software. I'm hoping that i can reinstall without paying again. Any help with these issues would be much appreciated!

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/13/2022, 1:38 PM

@Cory

But it seems to speed up and slow down on its own. Within the same recording. The next issue is that when i play the recording back the pitch is lower than it should be.

Check your sample rate under File > Properties > Audio. It sounds like you record in 48 000 Hz but play back at 44 100 Hz.

It is possible that your computer isn't fast enough to record in 48 000 Hz. You can try to set it to 44 100 by a right-click on the speaker icon in the Windows system tray in the lower right corner and then click on Sounds, then the Record tab. Then right click your audio input and then click Properties. Click the Advanced tab. There you can set the sample rate.