so when's the patch for Acid pro v9 will be out? lol

peachstealingmonkeys wrote on 5/6/2019, 12:29 PM

I posted it in another thread, but here's my quick impression so far:

Acid 9 needs a patch quick. I have a bunch of older projects that use Waves regular VST plug-ins (x64) and some of them simply crash the application. It seems the changes they introduces were mainly focused on support of VST3, however the regression testing for older plug-ins was spotty. I suggest you do not remove the v8 and use it to complete the unfinished tracks, otherwise you'll have to reconfigure, re-apply the VST3 plug-ins for the v8 tunes to work with v9. Also, the icons bar in v9, the one below the menu bar is shifted lower and off-center, so only 70% of icon is displayed... some graphical glitch. QA needs some improvement in the Magix shop. When Sony owned the product this was never an issue with back-wards compatibility.

Comments

LooneyBinJim wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:28 PM

I have problem with all plugins not being loaded into the Manager i have removed the vst grovel files and plugin cache files put i can not get Acid 9 to refresh with the list 3rd party and magix .

peachstealingmonkeys wrote on 5/6/2019, 4:32 PM

I have problem with all plugins not being loaded into the Manager i have removed the vst grovel files and plugin cache files put i can not get Acid 9 to refresh with the list 3rd party and magix .

did you look in the plug-in manager? Make sure the proper folders are added for scanning. Also, there's a "force" button that supposedly rescans/reinitializes the plug-ins.. may be try that?