Comments

kinvermark wrote on 2/29/2020, 8:04 PM

@shkr

Thanks a lot for those suggestions! I will check them out.

Which one(s) do you use to find loops for your compositions?

shkr wrote on 3/1/2020, 3:43 AM

@shkr

Thanks a lot for those suggestions! I will check them out.

Which one(s) do you use to find loops for your compositions?

well, right now I don't use any of them ;) Because I don't need them. I have my samples organized in folders and I know where what I can find. So Acid explorer + "everything" (a little search engine utility) + resonic player (media player) + serato sampla + mpc chopper works for me.

This new bigfishaudio momentum got me interested because it seems like serato sample on steroids + sample organizer. but a little weird GUI.

It really comes down to your preference - we all work in different ways :)

ITCHYPHOX wrote on 3/1/2020, 7:45 AM

Yeah I got the upgrade on Friday... Started playing around with it today, still can't save track display colours, I could in pro 8 then after an update they changed back to the default (which I find ugly to look at) without the ability to customise & save. This rolled over to upgrades 9 & now 10, seems like a small problem to other bugs but it really gets on my nerves looking at disgusting track colours.

Speaking of other issues I get an error message when I press on the play button saying acid pro doesn't support this feature lol acid pro can't play the tune I'm building! This happen with mouse clicks, space bar & midi controller after rendering. Cheers 🙂✌️

toddbooster wrote on 3/1/2020, 9:07 AM

Yeah I got the upgrade on Friday... Started playing around with it today, still can't save track display colours, I could in pro 8 then after an update they changed back to the default (which I find ugly to look at) without the ability to customise & save. This rolled over to upgrades 9 & now 10, seems like a small problem to other bugs but it really gets on my nerves looking at disgusting track colours.

Speaking of other issues I get an error message when I press on the play button saying acid pro doesn't support this feature lol acid pro can't play the tune I'm building! This happen with mouse clicks, space bar & midi controller after rendering. Cheers 🙂✌️

Isn't that crazy? I never tried changing the default colours until I read this, but yeah, broken.

However, pressing play does what I expect. No issues for me there.

ITCHYPHOX wrote on 3/1/2020, 9:33 AM

The play button issue only happens after rendering. I have to close & re-open acid for the play button to work. Yeah I had some lovely shades of blue, orange, yellow, purple & pinks that made the ui looks quite nice lol.

toddbooster wrote on 3/2/2020, 1:21 PM

The play button issue only happens after rendering. I have to close & re-open acid for the play button to work. Yeah I had some lovely shades of blue, orange, yellow, purple & pinks that made the ui looks quite nice lol.

Oops, didn't notice that you'd already said after rendering. I just tried to render something out, but it was just a small thing I knocked together with a few loops. I had no issues after with the play button, so it might be some plugin or other thing in your projects. Either way, what a pain.

AlbinoWino wrote on 3/4/2020, 4:52 AM

So after upgrading and using it for a week I am even more annoyed than when I first saw that they had made a new version instead of fixing 9 and brining it up to scratch.

ALL the constant issues I experienced in 9, all of them, are still happening in 10. Apart from the built in stem maker, which I never use, nothing is different.

I regret buying this upgrade and will not be doing it again until MAGIX takes the time to bring what they have up to speed. The constant crashes are all still there. The little niggling bugs are all still there. Still isn't multicore, audio stuttering and grinding to a halt while my cpu meter sits on 26%. It's 2020 and the next big feature, which they couldn't even include in the release, is basic sidechaining.

I don't like to knock the work of developers who are probably working hard having to deal with a mess of old code but charging for an upgrade that does nothing while the software is still an unstable mess seems like the last money grab of a failed project.

AgnosticX wrote on 4/7/2020, 5:59 AM

any news on changing the colours permanently? i cant save them... i have version 8 and i am not upgrading to NEXT, 9 or 10 cause i cant stand the greyish colours. that is a bug that they cant fix for 3 versions in a row?

Former user wrote on 4/10/2020, 11:20 AM

"any news on changing the colours permanently? i cant save them... i have version 8 and i am not upgrading to NEXT, 9 or 10 cause i cant stand the greyish colours. that is a bug that they cant fix for 3 versions in a row?"

I hate to tell you this but there won't be any more updates for AP8 or 9. Magix has moved on from those versions of AP...they want you to buy AP10, Sorry