Comments

clackey wrote on 2/18/2020, 8:16 AM

i'm very interested! just read a blurb on it and nothing else.

Former user wrote on 2/20/2020, 9:51 PM

It's rather hard to talk about AP10 when we have no idea what's different about it? Magix hasn't posted any information about the new version, yes they'll add some more plugins ( I for one don't want or need any of their plugins, thank you very much) but what about new features or fixes...? ZERO

So the short of it is...we give them our money and hope the product is an improvement over AP8/9 all along not knowing what we're about to get. I can't believe how cynical I've become dealing with this company.

clackey wrote on 2/21/2020, 8:28 AM

i agree. they don't seem to be very interested in creating some excitement for the product!

toddbooster wrote on 2/21/2020, 12:11 PM

I know what you all mean. I was kind of being sarcastic when I posted this, thinking nobody even knew AP10 was close to release. I only found out about it by accident when I was on the site.

Things I'm wondering about:

• Did the update to add support for SpectraLayers in ARA2 get moved to a new paid update?
  • If STEM MAKER 2 is in AP10, does that mean there's no AP Next 2?
  • What are "Morphium Pads"? it's not enticing me if I have no idea what a feature is.
Animal-Nation wrote on 2/21/2020, 7:37 PM

AP10 comes with integrated Side Chain Compression 🤘

Kinda confuses about APNext though. I’ve been running Next since it came out and it’s soooo stable. I’m kind of afraid to go back to the AP# series... 🤔

Former user wrote on 2/22/2020, 8:42 PM

Kinda confuses about APNext though. I’ve been running Next since it came out and it’s soooo stable. I’m kind of afraid to go back to the AP# series... 🤔

AP NEXT is AP with some plugins and a couple of features added.

It's kind of impossible for NEXT to be "soooo stable" while the Base SKU isn't.

toddbooster wrote on 2/24/2020, 8:21 AM

Well... no. Side chaining is apparently this year's feature that isn't released with the update, like ARA2 in AP9, and VST3 in AP8.

Frank_Fader wrote on 2/25/2020, 3:19 AM

Sidechaining will come much earlier in a patch for V10, instead of ARA2 and VST3 which came not so fast after the initial major release.

AlbinoWino wrote on 2/25/2020, 3:52 AM

How about we make 9 stable before making us shell out for the new version so that we continue (lol) receiving support for our software? So the bugs and crashes that were never fixed in ACID Pro 9 just aren't going to ever be fixed now? We're also 3 versions deep now since switch and what do we actually have to show for it in the DAW itself? VST3, 64bit and sidechaining? Those should've all been in (or updates to) 8. I feel like I'm being milked.

daveskywalker wrote on 2/25/2020, 4:41 AM

Was hovering my trigger finger over the "purchase" option over the weekend and upgraded... now just waiting for my AP10 key and download link - I can see the trial download is now available. Looking forward to playing with the stem maker and looking MORE forward to finally having sidechaining soon.

jocker-boy wrote on 2/25/2020, 5:48 AM

Najechałem myszką na przycisk „kup” w weekend i zaktualizowałem ... teraz tylko czekam na mój klucz AP10 i link do pobrania - widzę, że wersja próbna jest już dostępna. Z niecierpliwością czekam na grę z twórcą łodyg i WIĘCEJ z niecierpliwością na niedługo sidechains.

Yesterday I downloaded from Magix trial AP 10. Today a banner appeared in my AP9 encouraging me to buy an upgrade. As after a few hours of use on an i5 8th laptop, 16GB ram, ssd .... only once it crashed completely. Melodyne starts, but nothing can be done in it because it does not respond to any manipulations. I don't know why is added to the AP? Everyone can buy it separately. The price for the upgrade is too high, I have paid the same amount for the upgrade from AP 8 to AP9 not long ago, for users it should be max. 49 $.

sheppo wrote on 2/25/2020, 8:23 AM

How about we make 9 stable before making us shell out for the new version so that we continue (lol) receiving support for our software? So the bugs and crashes that were never fixed in ACID Pro 9 just aren't going to ever be fixed now? We're also 3 versions deep now since switch and what do we actually have to show for it in the DAW itself? VST3, 64bit and sidechaining? Those should've all been in (or updates to) 8. I feel like I'm being milked.

@AlbinoWino All fair comments. We saw a huge change with 9 when similar comments were raised for those left on 8. This was addressed by a shift within magix whereby it looked like they shifted to a single codebase, and fixes were made available for 8, 9, and AMS. Confirmation on whether this is continuing with 10 would be great, but for now I'm assuming it is.

I am also hoping that we see open betas continue for 10 too. I'll see if i can find out. I do think more people reporting issues in to the public betas would be helpful in the longrun.

Personally I also feel like it's hard to pass feedback on to Magix when there is a crash, specifically around what was happening at the time. Some visibility of what happens with that information sent to them at crash time would be nice. Is it useful to them to send crash info, how do they use it and prioritise work, etc.

@toddbooster - As a beta tester I can tell you there were issues with the sidechaining implementation that meant holding it back from the initial release. It makes sense to hold back the feature until it's ready, but I guess it's harder to stop the marketing machine once the gears are in motion.

> If STEM MAKER 2 is in AP10, does that mean there's no AP Next 2?

there's no APN listed on the product comparison page, so I'm assuming there is no AP10Next

Gordon-Bentley wrote on 2/25/2020, 9:20 AM

Acid Pro 10 has been released on the MAGIX website. The only problem is there doesn't seem to be an option for 365 users to download for free at the moment.

Anyone know of a link?

TPeirce-Baker wrote on 2/26/2020, 6:38 PM

Yeah. I'll chime in. I bought the full Acid pro next suite the end of october. and now I have to pay another 199 to upgrade! I'm a tad ticked.

Gordon-Bentley wrote on 2/27/2020, 3:01 AM

I paid US$99 for the upgrade despite the fact I have "Next"; couldn't find a link for the promised free upgrade. Not an altogether bad choice as I've ended up with two licences at something of a discount, one for the desktop and one for the notebook. No unregister/reregister dance for me no more.

Matt-Francis wrote on 2/29/2020, 12:57 AM

I might upgrade when side chaining is added. Curious about the stem maker but have heard mixed reviews. Sounds like Acid is getting much better though. I think the Marketing team should be highlighting and showcasing tracks made in Acid. Almost every single commercially released track I have heard in the house/techno genres has NOT been made in Acid. If people can hear what can be made they are more likely to buy the product.

kinvermark wrote on 2/29/2020, 11:15 AM

Question: How do you guys manage your loop libraries without the media manager available? Your own memory?

I have somewhere around 50,000 loops not including sound fx. so it's very difficult to find stuff.

lt20018 wrote on 2/29/2020, 11:21 AM

With all due respect to Magix...im done..My AP9 doesnt work properly..and now Magix expects me to spend more money on a newer product. I just cant do this anymore. From 8 to 9 now 10 which as i type this, reading comments in other post that 10 has problems...Im not sure Magix really understands how this is a bad taste in my mouth. Seems almost routine when something goes wrong, people go silent while customers (loyal customers) sit back and wait while being unproductive due to bugs, waiting on updates or fixes just to see an "ask" to upgrade and spend more money on a newer product....its like buying a new car fresh off the car lot and as soon as you drive 10 miles down the road you start to experience problems. You drive back to the lot but the car salesman says its not much he can do but you can upgrade into the newer model without doing whats ethically right and just fixing the problem thats at hand....Again it seems routine..when Acid was with SCS and it was running properly....we weren't treated this way by the ask of more money in the form of an upgrade in less than two years. Can we get AP9 right 1st mainly the crashing or my plug ins to come back and then maybe we can think about upgrading to 10.

kinvermark wrote on 2/29/2020, 11:26 AM

Did you try the new update for AP9. They seem to have rolled out a common update for 8 & 9 along with 10 that may improve things. I was surprised they were still offering updates to version 8.

lt20018 wrote on 2/29/2020, 11:47 AM

Did you try the new update for AP9. They seem to have rolled out a common update for 8 & 9 along with 10 that may improve things. I was surprised they were still offering updates to version 8.

The most recent update to AP9 is what caused the problem. All plugins...GONE! States something about a key..im over it...spent money over time that just doesnt make sense in 2020 to spend more money....Avid, FL, Reaper other DAW companies dont do this to their customers and then expect for "peace talk" on their forums....you are going to get mad/upset customers because our money just doesnt grow on trees. And again i dont think they understand when something doesn't work properly it creates unproductive and disloyalty to your product which when the ask/offer to upgrade once again in less than 2 years....NO THANK YOU! Projects i have created that used past plugins (provided by Acid) are no longer usable which makes a non usable project....

kinvermark wrote on 2/29/2020, 11:50 AM

OK... back to my question: Media manager alternatives? Anyone?

jocker-boy wrote on 2/29/2020, 11:54 AM

Wiem, co wszyscy macie macie na myśli. Byłem trochę sarkastyczny, kiedy to opublikowałem, myśląc, że nikt nawet nie wie, że AP10 jest bliski wydania. Dowiedziałem się o tym przypadkiem, kiedy byłem na stronie.

Rzeczy, o których zastanawiam się:

• Czy aktualizacja dodająca obsługę SpectraLayers w ARA2 zostanie przeniesiona do nowej płatnej aktualizacji?
  • Jeśli STEM MAKER 2 znajduje się w AP10, czy to oznacza, że ​​nie ma AP Next 2?
  • Co to są „Morphium Pads”? nie kusi mnie, jeśli nie mam pojęcia, co to jest funkcja.

AP 10 and AP 10 Suite are probably such alternative versions of APNext and APNext Suite, maybe a bit slimmer. I assumed that Magix would return to normal distribution based on three options. And that's enough who needs a subscription and versions with chopsticks. When everything is based on one line.The more weirdos the more problems. :) .It's good that I didn't upgrade from AP 9 to Next because I would waste $ 99 again because Next has disappeared.I wrote before that Magix would go to the head of the mind and improve AP 8 and AP9 after the last patches there was hope that they were going well.But probably none of this, if after a recent upgrade from AP 8 to AP 9 we will be without support and again the expenditure to the new "number". Why AP 9 disappeared from the main page? To buy AP 10.In my opinion this is a bit unfair.For now, I will check the AP 10 and AP 10 Suite trials ... that is, we are testing for 2 months.If it's still problematic, then I run to either Cubase, Ableton Live or Studio One because for so much money I will spend on the next upgrade to the next AP version (without support) I prefer a stable DAW with clear rules.I really don't need tons of samples and soundpool's, Melodyne Lite not working and unnecessary effects-pads ... all these can be bought separately.If there were any really revolutionary things here it would be ok. But there is no revolution here yet.I am slowly losing hope for a normal stable AP.

Robert-Shamansky wrote on 2/29/2020, 2:50 PM

I did the v8 and v9 upgrades and I'm done feeding the upgrade machine. I should be able to use ARA to run ACID inside Studio One. Until something like this happens, I will not be giving Magix anymore money.

shkr wrote on 2/29/2020, 3:31 PM

OK... back to my question: Media manager alternatives? Anyone?

I don't know what you exactly need but maybe one of these will help you:

'loopmasters loopcloud' (subscription based, but free version let you organize your samples, paid gives you more options)

'adsr sample manager' - free

'bigfishaudio momentum' - free with many many options

are you aware of them?