Slide Timing

Karen-Clinkinbeard wrote on 7/11/2020, 4:09 PM

I am creating a slide show in Photostory Deluxe 2020 and have 231 slides. I've added music and I need to increase the timing on one slide by 2 seconds. I have adjusted the timing on certain individual files as needed either increasing or decreasing the time. I right click on this one slide and select view duration, then change the time from 10 seconds to 12 seconds and click ok. Nothing happens. This is the first time this has happened when adjusting my default time of 10 seconds per slide. I can't seem to make the time change on just this one slide. Is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/12/2020, 8:57 AM

@Karen-Clinkinbeard

First, are you using the Timeline view? If so, have you tried selecting the slide you wish to lengthen and all those following it and then attempted to drag its right hand edge to the right? Does that allow you at least to make a change to its length, even if it is not exactly 12 seconds?

If not, I'm going to guess that you might have used the Soundtrack Maker Wizard to add your music. Is that correct? If so, and if you asked the wizard to fit your music to the slideshow I think this tends to "lock" the slides and music together (especially if you also selected the "Automatic cut adjustment" option) so that you now cannot adjust one slide. If I am correct, I think you may need to remove the music track(s), make the changes in length to the specific slide, and then use the Soundtrack maker Wizard again to recreate the music.

OTOH, I could easily be completely wrong about this!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

EDIT: having just tested this on my computer, I'm going to suggest a slight variation to what I wrote in the first paragraph above. If you click on the slide immediately after the one you wish to lengthen and then Shift-Click on the last one on the timeline they will all be highlighted with a blue line above them. Go to the first highlighted one and drag it to the right, so making a space between it and the one you wish to lengthen; all the later ones will also move to the right by the same amount. Then drag the right hand edge of the slide to be lengthened until it fills the gap.

Last changed by emmrecs on 7/12/2020, 9:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Karen-Clinkinbeard wrote on 7/12/2020, 5:45 PM

Yes, I was using the Timeline view and no, I did not use the Soundtrack Maker Wizard, I just dragged and dropped the music cuts in one at a time. I finally trashed the last slides and music, saved the project and closed Photostory. Then I reopened it, added the slides back in and set the timing. Then brought in the music again. It worked ok by doing that. Thanks for your suggestion.