slide show voice track overlap

lfinn wrote on 3/28/2012, 3:48 PM

I created a slide show with my still pictures. I wrote a script to record with it. Using a Logitech head set and mike, I have been recording a voice track on the slideshow of just under 3 minutes on my Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit. When I do a re-take, I check "erase previous recording" but at the very end, remenants of prior recordings are still there. I adjusted the play time so that the voice track eclipses prior recordings, but I can't get rid of them. I also can't manually delete the prior versions in the "Record" tab. How do I get a fresh, clean voice track?

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 3/29/2012, 10:04 AM

What verion of PhotoStory?

I will try to check and see if I get a similar problem, I also have a Logitech USB headset/mic.

lfinn wrote on 3/29/2012, 10:18 AM

Thanks for your reply. It's photoStory CD and DVD 9. I just installed the 9.05 upgrade patch but have not tested it yet. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers, Lou

john-auvil wrote on 3/29/2012, 11:16 AM

Okay, I tested this with the MAGIX PhotoStory on CD & DVD 9 Deluxe (Download Version) using a Logitech headset microphone.

Here is what I did...

I added in 9 photos to have something going, I then recorded voice. stoped the recording, chose to retake the recording, then recorded voice again.

My final result didnt have any overlays or audio anomalies.

I cannot think what might cause this to happen... is your headset mic using USB?

lfinn wrote on 3/31/2012, 8:52 AM

Thanks very much for your support. This software is like a fighter jet that the designers forgot to include the landing gear. In addition, the post to YouTube function was hacked and my show address was "crossed out" and replaced by a link to X-rated sites. I finally got a usable movie in both .wmv and .mov formats by manually selecting them for Export. Cheers, Lou

lfinn wrote on 3/31/2012, 9:13 AM

Thanks very much for your support. This software is like a fighter jet that the designers forgot to include the landing gear. In addition, the post to YouTube function was hacked and my show address was "crossed out" and replaced by a link to X-rated sites. I finally got a usable movie in both .wmv and .mov formats by manually selecting them for Export. Cheers, Lou