Comments

sheppo wrote on 8/22/2018, 7:39 AM

context. That's Vegas, not Acid.

Personal opinion, I'd be very surprised if Magix don't make Acid consistent with the work that have already gone in to Vegas. Vegas also has much better windows 10 support, with file dialogs, controls, windows decoration etc looking correct in the OS, instead of using what looks to be legacy hard-coded Windows XP style controls.

frank18 wrote on 8/24/2018, 8:57 AM

Agree.

weevil wrote on 8/29/2018, 5:09 AM

I think a very specific subset of users hate the dark theme not everyone. Hopefully if there is a new version it will have theme options to keep everyone happy.

More importantly, I hope they add features that will grow new audiences for the application. It can't live on nostalgia forever.

The apps are not actually super consistent, but that is okay, they all have different focuses and sometimes what works in one context will not work in another.

frank18 wrote on 8/29/2018, 10:08 AM

GUI might be a bit lighter, Studio One and Live have got a good oprtion to solve the problem...

robertNC wrote on 8/30/2018, 3:42 PM

The world is full of complainers. I like the dark interface, but I think skinning ability would be good. Samplitude has birdline skins, so maybe Acid and Vegas will go that route, eventually.

Viscount_Omega_2120 wrote on 8/31/2018, 12:21 PM

I hate the dark interface. I giant step backwards from Magix, to me. I also hate how the mute and solo buttons on the tracks don't stand out like they used to on Sony's version. I'm considering finding an old Sony version of Acid pro on ebay.

Matt-Francis wrote on 9/5/2018, 6:40 AM

How long is this going to take to fix? Surely it doesn't require that much work to change some colours.

kinvermark wrote on 9/5/2018, 10:22 AM

The world is full of complainers. I like the dark interface, but I think skinning ability would be good. Samplitude has birdline skins, so maybe Acid and Vegas will go that route, eventually.

@robertNC

True! But the problem with the dark interface isn't simply its appearance - it is its function (or lack thereof). e.g You cannot see the loop marker (indent) except on the selected media. There are other elements that also make timeline editing and composing far more difficult and slow than ACID 7.

Djronrella wrote on 9/5/2018, 1:14 PM

I've posted this as a beta tester and heard they have read all reasons for dark background all was told it had been fowarded to Magix developers..

The MASTER VU METER should be enhanced and changed to a much larger and wider view as in the SOUNDFORGE Master Vu Meters are. The Current Acid  Pro 8 Beta version Master vu meters are extremely narrow and hard to see even when you enlarge meters like the original Acid Pro 7 are!.

The new interface background colors are very dark in making viewing hard to see workflow. You should either add few background to choose from as in lighter or darker, or allow user to choose older Pro 7 or new Acid Pro 8 background!

Hoping Magix changes that!

Maybe they have more crucial updates to date!

Still think they will redo background

fan-boy wrote on 9/5/2018, 1:55 PM

no one ever complained when it wasn't dark . ( hint ) black text on dark brown ,...what is that ?

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 9/9/2018, 11:39 PM

My two cents ..... I love the new Dark in interface ..... Thanks Magik

Will

PhotonBoy wrote on 9/10/2018, 11:12 AM

I like a darker interface, though it could use some tweaking here and there. I don't like looking at a bright screen all the time.

MarkInFL wrote on 9/4/2019, 12:28 PM

If the developers are reading all of this -- yes, please give us some basic options for the GUI. I'm testing the Music Studio v11.0.7 (Build 18) demo and I'm going to roll back to the Sony v10.108 until the GUI becomes customizable. Everyone's eyes are different. :-)