Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Eric-Rauschenberg wrote on 12/5/2020, 12:08 PM

I am using the trial of Magix Photo Manager Deluxe to deside if this is the program I want to buy to organize the 50000+ photos that I have. I tried to link it to import from Google Drive and it gives me the "Sign in with Google temprarily disabled for this app" This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign in. When will this happen? This will be one of the things I will need to have in whatever software I choose. I have 15000+ photos on Google that I would like to import. Let me know when this will or if this will be verfied so I know to go back and try it. Can't buy it till I know I can do this. Thanks.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/5/2020, 1:25 PM

@Eric-Rauschenberg

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

All trial versions of Magix products are deliberately limited in some fashion or other. I have no idea whether the link to a Google Drive account is one of those limitations, but it could be, possibly to prevent unauthorised access and download of photo data.

We really need another user who uses Google Drive within Photo Manager to say whether or not he/she can download photos to the app, though, to be clear, what is "imported" is merely a link to the actual storage location; no actual photos or similar image files are actually downloaded to the user's computer.

As I implied above, I don't store photos, or anything else, on Google Drive so I honestly do not know whether this "works" in the full, purchased version. However, Magix do offer a full 14 day money back guarantee on all software purchases so you could buy it, test it out and if it doesn't work, ask for a refund.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam