Shutting down Acidplanet.com

Comments

A_Pleasant_Symmetry wrote on 5/17/2018, 3:53 PM

Acidplanet had a function to allow or not allow for downloads. I have released copyright material and i see no way to stop downloads. I also can't figure out what happened to an image I created , I can't seem to find it now

Ethereal_Dublinerz wrote on 5/17/2018, 8:29 PM

Hi Redaktion.

The contests were always one of the main features on the title page & were essentially a link to download a zip folder which contained the track to be remixed and the individual loops from which the track was composed. Although music should probably be more about co-operation than competition, remixing is always fun. Most of the artists featured were pretty obscure though some were ' name ' bands / composers ' including ' The orb ', ' The Chemical Brothers ' & ' Stockhausen '.

Noradr3nlin wrote on 5/17/2018, 10:05 PM

first of all Hi to all my old AP peeps. Miss you guys. I agree we need away to achive the conten so we can download our work. I try to do this a few years back but couldt even sign in.

dj_doughy wrote on 5/17/2018, 10:16 PM

first of all Hi to all my old AP peeps. Miss you guys. I agree we need away to achive the conten so we can download our work. I try to do this a few years back but couldt even sign in.

Hi NORA!

If your stuff is G rated, try the script i posted a page back

Noradr3nlin wrote on 5/17/2018, 10:17 PM

Hi Mathius yes we care much. I myself found sucess and via AP. AP gave me my first break and I leanted everything I know now from my peers there. We had a very tight and supportive community. I havent come accross another community like it since. This is something that needs to be preserved. As you can see i have alot of content I wish to download and preserve. I lost alot of work over the years and this is the only evidence that I created all this content.

me now..... https://soundcloud.com/indi3r

https://www.facebook.com/myhouss/

Noradr3nlin wrote on 5/17/2018, 10:46 PM

almost forgot. I cant login in as the old account is my old email which no longer exisits so how do I log in???

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/18/2018, 4:53 AM

@Noradr3nlin I'm on it. Have a look at your inbox, I sent you a message.

Air4 wrote on 5/18/2018, 11:27 AM

I'm heartbroken.

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 5/18/2018, 2:06 PM

first: well, at least you're announcing it beforehand  and giving an extension on the deadline. Thank you.

second: okay, i accept that there'll be no archive of the AP music other than whatever we manage to grab before it's wiped. Could I ask why there'll be no archive of the AP music?

Former user wrote on 5/19/2018, 6:23 AM

Mathias you will never find such a great site like Acidplanet.com, it was a strong community of great artists and talent filled with an amazing passion for music creation and true friendship and many collaborations amongst artists that will last forever and I am sure the acidplaneteers will pass on their ideas and suggestions as I have done so in said previous communications with Magix. Looking forward to seeing the great bunch of guys from Acidplanet at Magix. At 59 years old I was ready for retirement, but my heart tells me to continue with my passion for my love of music. I agree with Nora 100%. Hello to all the guys from Acidplanet.

Noradr3nlin wrote on 5/19/2018, 6:38 AM

@Noradr3nlin I'm on it. Have a look at your inbox, I sent you a message.

Hi still cant login

fetter339 wrote on 5/21/2018, 10:53 AM

I uploaded five songs yesterday and now the system will not allow me to upload more tunes today. It says that I've already used my five songs quota, when in fact, I have not uploaded anything today??????????

A_Pleasant_Symmetry wrote on 5/21/2018, 6:06 PM

I uploaded five songs yesterday and now the system will not allow me to upload more tunes today. It says that I've already used my five songs quota, when in fact, I have not uploaded anything today??????????

Did you upload to Acidplanet , or Magix?

fetter339 wrote on 5/21/2018, 8:56 PM

Magix

fetter339 wrote on 5/21/2018, 8:57 PM

Why only five songs per day? I have over 300 tunes on AP. I'll never be able to migrate to Magix with the limitations that you have imposed!!

dj_doughy wrote on 5/21/2018, 9:47 PM

Why only five songs per day? I have over 300 tunes on AP. I'll never be able to migrate to Magix with the limitations that you have imposed!!

Might be for every 24 hours, also might want to start a new thread for these kinds of issues

A_Pleasant_Symmetry wrote on 5/22/2018, 6:08 PM

a parting gift......

Thank you so much, unfortunately I am unable to play anything on any browser or device , one of the reasons I stopped being active on AP.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1533541

If this track is on your soundcloud page , I will be able to play it.

Prophets_of_Conviction wrote on 5/22/2018, 9:15 PM

a parting gift......

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1533541

Thank you for this N, listening to it now. loving the different melodies.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/23/2018, 8:36 AM

Hi everybody,

I wanted to let you know that the deadline has been changed. Contrary to our wishes, the legal department has decided to cut the deadline short. The reason is the new General Data Protection Regulation which will become enacted on May 25.

dj_doughy wrote on 5/23/2018, 9:20 AM

Hi everybody,

I wanted to let you know that the deadline has been changed. Contrary to our wishes, the legal department has decided to cut the deadline short. The reason is the new General Data Protection Regulation which will become enacted on May 25.

Oof, thought that only had to do with services/servers located in the EU, apparently its for anything that has an EU user.... it's really kicking us in the balls here huh? lol

DavidAndrew wrote on 5/23/2018, 10:02 AM

As an aside, I wonder if Magix is prepared for the onslaught of AP snarkiness that comes with forcing folks over... Hmmm? Ha ha ha!

dj_doughy wrote on 5/23/2018, 10:16 AM

As an aside, I wonder if Magix is prepared for the onslaught of AP snarkiness that comes with forcing folks over... Hmmm? Ha ha ha!

Well I think the short deadline was because of the piss poor execution of GDPR

Former user wrote on 5/23/2018, 10:28 AM

no such thing as a smooth operator, we are in for a very bumpy ride, I never did like moving house lol !!