Comments

SP. wrote on 1/12/2022, 9:38 PM

@wieslaw-slota Have you tried to restart your computer?

wieslaw-slota wrote on 1/13/2022, 2:27 AM

@SP. Yes, I restarted my computer and run SF as administrator. The problem is that when I select "Extract audio from CD", Sound Forge displays "Searching for devices" and nothing happens then. Interestingly, the same situation is in ACID Music Studio 11 and this Pioneer on my MSI laptop under Windows 8.1, but fortunately MSI has its own drive. On the other hand, Sound Forge 12.6 handles this drive properly.

thouston wrote on 6/15/2022, 4:45 PM

@wieslaw-slota I'm having the same problem with Sound Forge Pro 15 and an external Prioneer BDR-UD03 (in a Verbatim shell). I try to extract audio from a CD and Sound Forge just hangs on "Scanning for Devices...". Were you ever able to resolve this issue? Thanks!

wieslaw-slota wrote on 6/16/2022, 9:01 AM

thouston@ unfortunately, nothing has changed for me in this topic. I haven't had time lately, but I'll try to get some other external CD-ROM drive and give it a try. I will write what the result will be.

maria-sw wrote on 10/7/2023, 6:45 PM

I cannot pass the scanning for devices on SF 16, how to fix it?

wieslaw-slota wrote on 9/28/2024, 7:54 AM

Better late than never...🙂 Today I got an external ASUS drive called SDRW-08D2S-U LITE with a USB 2.0 (Type A) interface and everything is OK, the drive is present in SF Audio Studio 17 (under Windows 11), it rips and burns CDs. I haven't checked yet, but I'm sure it will work in ACID as well.

Bol wrote on 9/28/2024, 9:03 AM

@wieslaw-slota

Hello,

Did you install drivers for Pioneer BD UD03 external drive??? See: PIONEER BDR-UD03 resources and drivers (burn4free.com)

Good luck,
Rob

Addition: September 28, 2024 at 5:13 PM

Connected my Samsung Blu-ray Disc SE-506AB and checked which drivers are used. I see that it uses the drivers from Microsoft.

Last changed by Bol on 9/28/2024, 10:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Als een kwestie onoplosbaar lijkt, komt dat niet omdat je de oplossing niet ziet, maar omdat je het probleem niet ziet.

If an issue seems unsolvable, it is not because you do not see the solution, but because you do not see the problem.

PC -1-

PC -2-

wieslaw-slota wrote on 9/28/2024, 11:08 AM

@Bol

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I'm busy today but I'll try tomorrow, the important thing is that Asus is working.

Greetings,

Wieslaw