Set up using Windows 10

meggers wrote on 1/7/2021, 8:37 AM

I bought ACL 12 de luxe some 10 years ago. It would not work on either of my laptops at the time and this was confirmed by a lab support person at Magix in Dresden.

I now have a new Dell Inspiron desktop and thought I would try it out again,having paid for it and never having been able to get any use out of it.It will not set up on Win 10, presumably because Win 10 is new technology since ACL 12 was written.

Is there a work around or is it just bin material,cut my losses and pay out again for an up to date version?

Any advice appreciated,thanks.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/7/2021, 9:38 AM

@meggers

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You say the product you are asking about is ACL, which is the usual acronym for Audio Cleaning Lab, hence I have moved your post to the appropriate area of the forum. If you are not asking about Audio Cleaning Lab please tell us which product you have and I will move your post to the correct area.

Given the age of the product you have I suspect you are right: it is too old to use successfully, if at all, with recent releases of Win 10. The most recent version of ACL is actually now called Sound Forge Audio Cleaning Lab 3, details here.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/7/2021, 9:39 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam