Serum Crashing ACID Pro 9.0.3

SheedyJaye wrote on 1/25/2020, 11:00 AM

I've been using ACID products for the last 20 years, since they were owned by Sonic Foundry. The messes I've encountered the last few years have been frustrating, but it's starting to become a major problem for me.

I got the paid upgrade from ACID Pro 8.0 to 9.0. Almost immediately upon loading 9.0, I've encountered problems. Most of the answers have been found in these forums, which I'm very grateful for.

I utilize Windows 10 using a 64-bit system. I'm having a problem with certain Soft Synths - namely Serum and Hybrid 3 - crashing the entire system when I try to use them. I literally had one corrupt my file, and had to re-create a song from scratch, losing tons of hours of work. At first, I thought it was the plugin, so I reinstalled that. I thought it was my ACID Pro installation, so I reinstalled that. I even thought it was Windows 10 and took the time to reinstall that as well.

Yet the problem continues. I can have nothing in the song or I can have a blank or one-note MIDI or a full work-in-progress song. It literally doesn't matter. When I switch over to Serum or Hybrid 3, it crashes worse than the Hindenburg.

I really DON'T want to switch DAW's because I've literally been using this one for decades (plural). But it's essential that the problems with things that are supposed to work crashing the application are taken care of.

Comments

MarcoStorm wrote on 1/31/2020, 7:12 AM

Hi @SheedyJaye,

sorry to hear that you have such problems with the current version. I jammed a bit with the Serum and had no problems. So we would be grateful if you could provide more detailled information about your problem. Have you used the latest ACID Pro 9 Verison (9.0.3 (Build 32))? Have you used the 64 Bit VST? Could you tell us what you have done step by step leading to the crash? Also a Test Project which crashes would be useful.

Best regards,

Marco

allen-hernandez wrote on 3/31/2020, 1:49 PM

i am i the same boat i have lost 2 pc all ready

allen-hernandez wrote on 3/31/2020, 1:57 PM

like clock work -crash !!!

lost so much work and time and repair cost's ACID Pro 10 pro will keep getting stuck after reinstall look at the time on next pic

allen-hernandez wrote on 3/31/2020, 2:12 PM

and here it is in all its glory

seems to be the direction we find our selves in with magix nowadays-:We just the daw we paid you for -to work with the main stream plug ins we buy for it----->

Frank_Fader wrote on 4/1/2020, 9:33 AM

Don't put Serum (or any vst dll) on the same folder level with other non music system components. This crashes many DAWs, since they then try to scan windows DLLs as VSTs, which simply doesn't work.

Move Serum.dll to C:\MyVStPlugins\ or so, and to make acid restart, delete the previous VST-Setup-Cache file, to be found at:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\10.0\acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml

Maybe also delete the ScannerCache Files at:

c:\Users\Entwickler\AppData\Roaming\plugin_scan_state*.scan

Then restart Acid, and add your VST folder which contains Serum.dll.