Second upgrade to Photostory Deluxe

John-Kirk wrote on 6/8/2021, 4:45 PM

Good sales job on the website. Photostory looks impressive if it would only work impressive. I just updated to Photostory Deluxe 2021 thinking it would be improved and more stable. I was mistaken. I am working on my daughter's graduation Open House video and it the last two days it has crashed several times and various menus are hard to find more than once. I have used many products like this one and it has the least intuitive menus ever. So today I purchased a 1 month license of Animoto in hopes in getting a reliable product. I also tried to add a MP4 and it errored and said I needed to install Quicktime. Really, Quicktime...so I went to Apple's site and that product was last updated 5 years ago.

I use a Lenovo Windows 10 Home, Core i7, 16GB ram, SSD 1TB

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/9/2021, 2:48 AM

@John-Kirk

Hi

As you are having issues with 2 different programs, it looks like your issues are related to the source video not the programs.

As Quicktime is being asked for the video must Quicktime encoded rather than AVC/h.264 in a MOV file container, and would suggest the video source is an iPhone, or a camera that uses the QT encoded MOV file format.

If the source is an iPhone this also creates another issue - the framerate is likely to be Variable (VFR) instead of Constant (CFR). Many video editors do not handle VFR well.

As you have found out Quicktime has not been updated for a long while, Apple dropped support for the Windows version back in 2016, this may cause issues with the newer Quicktime codecs.

Try converting the video files to MP4, h.264 encoded and CFR using a video converter such as Handbrake.

I would also suggest you check if the camera/phone can record in MP4/h.264 or HEVC/h.265 format and CFR.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/9/2021, 2:50 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.