Screen Resolution on Rescue your Video-Tapes 6

dwanharvey wrote on 4/1/2013, 4:44 PM

So frustrating!  Instructed to change screen resolution to 1024x768 but have done this and no matter what screen resolution I set it  to I am not able to see all the screen.  So for example when I want to save the project I cannot do so because the action buttons are right at the bottom out of sight where I cannot scroll to get them.

Please help as I am currently very disappointed with the product and want to give it a chance. I am sure that there must be a simple solution.

I am using Windows 7 on an hp Compaq 6715b laptop.  

Many thanks if anyone can help me (please!)

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/1/2013, 9:42 PM

dwanharvey,

Is it Magix Rescue that is telling you to use 1024 x 768, or Windows? A search for the specs for your Compaq 6715b suggest a max resolution of 1680 x 1050. Perhaps you have limited RAM and can't run your program and have enough memory available for the display? I'd suggest your checking for any advanced setting for video in Windows control panel -- most likely an 'advanced' option, not simply 1024 x 768 etc.. Some systems have cusstom adjustments for size and position of the display which would likely be needed if you are using anything other than the native screen resolution.

Regards,

Carl

dwanharvey wrote on 4/3/2013, 1:56 PM

Hi Carl. No, it's is 'MAGIX Video easy' giving the message every time I open up the programme :(

I'll try to work out what you suggest & see if it helps. Thank you. 

dwanharvey wrote on 4/3/2013, 2:17 PM

Hi Carl.  I can't work out what you mean.  Yes default/recommended for my laptop is 1680 x 1050.  Whatever I change it to I can't get to the 'save videos' button.  I do have an 'advanced' setting panel but as an amateur I don't want to risk changing anything.  It has things like 32 bit, 16 bit against each of the screen resolution sizes.  As I said in my previous note - it is the programme giving a warning about resolution each time, not coming from Windows itself.  Are you or anyone else able to help?  Regards, Dawn

dwanharvey wrote on 4/5/2013, 4:50 PM

Can anyone help me??