Samsung

Eric-Taneda wrote on 12/18/2021, 6:35 PM

When I publish a web page with gradient background color, it shows up correctly on all browsers except the Samsung Internet browser that comes with my Galaxy Note 9, which shows the starting gradient color as black instead of a different color. Is this a known issue with this browser and is there a around so it shows correctly? Or is this an issue unique to my particular phone, and the browser may be corrupt? I just want to make sure the website I post does not show up incorrectly for potential visitors to the site...

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/19/2021, 4:14 AM

@Eric-Taneda

Hi

. . . . Samsung Internet browser that comes with my Galaxy Note 9 . . . .

If the gradient displays correctly in Chrome, which should be already installed on the Note, then the Samsung browser has an issue.

If the gradient is also incorrectly displayed in Chrome then it could be an issue with the Note display settings eg colour space is incorrectly set.

. . . . I just want to make sure the website I post does not show up incorrectly for potential visitors to the site. . . .

Unfortunately this is something you cannot guarantee for 100% of the visitors - there will be 'the few' who see the web pages differently.

What the viewer sees greatly depends on their browser settings and different monitor/screen colour profiles.

Some users of Safari may not see the site as intended due to some versions poor handling of Javascript.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.