Samplitude to Music Maker VST plugins

TopTims wrote on 4/18/2023, 2:29 AM

I have been getting Magix bundles on Humble Bundle the last couple years, just messing around with the software here and there when I have time, but today I got a bundle that included Samplitude Pro x5. I noticed to came with some vst plugins I could download to use with it and downloaded all of the ones that came with it. When I launched Music Maker next it scanned vst plugins and has them on my instrument list, but will not allow me to use them unless I pay, but Music Maker plugins I've gotten over the years can be used on Samplitude. Is this intentional? is there any way to use the Samplitude plugins on Music Maker without having to purchase them or just recording the samplitude track then bringing it over?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/18/2023, 4:32 AM

@TopTims Yes, this is intentional.

If you have a Samplitude Music Studio version (not Pro!) between 2015 and 2021 (don't know if this will work with 2022 and 2023) you can enter its serial number into Music Maker to unlock the Vita Instruments in the in-app-store.

Like you already mentioned, exchanging audio files between both programs is a workaround.

There is also a plugin called Blue Cat Audio Connector which can send MIDI from one DAW into another DAW and then audio back to the first DAW. This might also work with Music Maker and Samplitude, but I haven't tried it yet. But Connector was developed for this use case. But you might need an external USB audio interface with ASIO drivers to run multiple audio production programs at the same time because this will need a lot more processing power.