Samplitude Crashing

JLa wrote on 5/19/2022, 11:36 AM

May 19, 2022

I just began using Samplitude Pro X6 and am experiencing crashing almost every time I record. I record classical music, 4 - 6 channels, up to 6o minutes per virtual project with some stops and restarts (same project) All seems fine until after 40 minutes or more into recording; then upon a restart, software crashes with this message:

[banner:] 0xE06D7363(KERNELBASE.dll)

"? An error has occurred

Please restart the program to enable all the functions. Please click on OK if you want help by sending an error report to MAGIX software."

If I restart Samplitude, this message usually appears:

"The program did crash the last time while using this ASIO driver: ASIO Fireface USB. Continue with this driver?"

I'm using Windows10 operating system on a laptop computer. Because of the .dll extension in the crash message banner, I'm almost tempted to believe this is a computer issue, not a Samplitude issue, but DON'T want to assume that.

Opinions welcome. JLa

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/19/2022, 11:39 AM

@JLa Are you using a Fireface Audio Interface?

JLa wrote on 5/19/2022, 12:18 PM

May 19, 2022

I just began using Samplitude Pro X6 and am experiencing crashing almost every time I record. I record classical music, 4 - 6 channels, up to 6o minutes per virtual project with some stops and restarts (same project) All seems fine until after 40 minutes or more into recording; then upon a restart, software crashes with this message:

"? An error has occurred

Please restart the program to enable all the functions. Please click on OK if you want help by sending an error report to MAGIX software."

"The program did crash the last time while using this ASIO driver: ASIO Fireface USB. Continue with this driver?"

I'm using Windows10 operating system on a laptop computer. Because of the .dll extension in the crash message banner, I'm almost tempted to believe this is a computer issue, not a Samplitude issue, but DON'T want to assume that.

Opinions welcome. JLa

May 19, 2022

"? An error has occurred

Opinions welcome. JLa

Yes, I am using an RME Fireface 802 interface.

SP. wrote on 5/19/2022, 2:00 PM

@JLa Ok, usually RME has excellent drivers. Maybe try decreasing the number of CPU cores used by Samplitude in the program settings. How many cores are you using currently in Samplitude?

You should also contact support at proservice@magix.net but it can take some time until you'll get a response. And you can ask professional users for help in the official Samplitude forum at community.samplitude.com

JLa wrote on 5/19/2022, 2:50 PM

JLa here. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. The spec sheet for my laptop indicates:

Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H 2.6Ghz 6 Core

...but as far as how many cores I'm using in Samplitude, I couldn't tell you, nor do I know what to do to find out.

JLa wrote on 5/23/2022, 8:23 PM

Response to SP.

Checked my RME interface and discovered that my drivers were not up-to-date. Have done that. Am now recording another "crash test" to see if that fixes the problem. Also, found in in the tab: File-Program Preference - Playback Options-Performance where to adjust the number of CPU cores used by Samplitude (as you suggested). If I still have a crash issue after this test I will adjust the number down from the default (12) to the number my computer possesses (6). Fingers crossed. I can't be the first person that's had this basic crash issue...appreciate the input!