Samplitude 2023 -Keyboard no sound after message of crasch

pino_g wrote on 2/24/2023, 11:26 AM

Just installed Samplitude Music Studio 2023. After half an hour of perfect working the message ":The program did crash the last time while using this ASIO driver: UMC... USB. Continue with this driver?" Well I have a Behringer U-Phoria audio card with UMC driver. The program still works but no sound anymore from my M-Audio Keystation 49.What can I do?

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/24/2023, 12:01 PM

@pino_g Are you still using the ASIO driver? That is necessary to get live sound from your keyboard input. Make also sure, that the monitoring mode is set the Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine. You can find the audio settings in the system settings of Samplitude.

Also check if the "Mon." button in the transport control is enabled to activate monitoring.

pino_g wrote on 2/24/2023, 12:54 PM

The same setting worked in the beginning, than without doing nothing the keyboard was still. I took the screen shots when it worked and it isn't changed, it s the same but the M-audio keystation is mute. Thanks for the answer.

SP. wrote on 2/24/2023, 12:56 PM

@pino_g Is it listed as a MIDI device?

In Samplitude Music Studio you can reset the program settings under the Help menu and restore the default program behaviour. This might also help.

pino_g wrote on 2/24/2023, 1:19 PM

No thanks, it doesn't help. I think there is a non compatibility between the M audio keystation or with the umc Behringer drive, becouse I have also Cubase elments 12 and the keyboard works perfectly with the same driver UMC.. In Samplitude pointing with the mouse the virtual keyboard on screen it works perfectly, but from the M-Audio Keystation no sound.. I bought the software today, it worked for a short time.

SP. wrote on 2/24/2023, 3:35 PM

@pino_g Have you rebooted the computer? Could it be that the crash didn't release the MIDI keyboard correctly so the input is still blocked?

pino_g wrote on 2/25/2023, 2:57 AM

Solved but there are other issues. Problem of the mute keyboard: switching the usb ports between the keystation and the Behringer sound card it works, let's see for how long (finally the keyboard works.) Other issues:

1- opening some Vita instruments (not all of them), es the Grand Piano, an alert appear: "the library is not activated", showing a series of missing files. And the instrument doesn't work.

2- Opening the vst instruments of third parts, es Groove Agent, it records smoothly, but then in the track is impossible to regulate the volume and pan of the recording.

If you have any idea on these topics?.Thank you for your kind support.