Running VST3 plugins causes VST2 plugins to fail launching

Josh-Terry wrote on 2/26/2022, 6:57 PM

I use Samplitude Music Studio 2021, and I had encountered a problem while mixing a recording. When I was running the VST3 version of a Convology reverb plugin, it caused all of the VST2 plugins to fail launching. I kept getting error messages no matter what VST2 plugins I used, whether it was the essential FX, the Vintage Effects Suite, the AM plugins, and Vandal. Eventually I figured out that when I ran a VST3 plugin it caused the VST2 plugins to fail to launch, so I opened a backup session file and continued on from there and it's working just fine.

Before I figured out that it was the VST3 plugins causing VST2 plugins to crash, I tried a multitude of methods to see if I could get it to work normally again. I tried closing and restarting the program; nothing. I tried resetting the program settings; nothing. I tried restarting my computer and starting the program up again; nothing. This was driving me nuts, and I was concerned that it would corrupt my session. But thank goodness I had a backup file and got it working, and I didn't get too far into my mix so it's not like I lost a lot of work.

So as long as I stay away from using any VST3 plugins, I can use all the VST2 plugins I want. However, there has to be some way to fix this error in case I happen to use any VST3 plugins and still want to use VST2 plugins. Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...