ReWire slave problems- basically unusable

Sean-Weyers wrote on 11/19/2018, 1:24 PM

ACID is basically unusable in ReWire. God forbid you should try to route anything through any kind of group bus in ReWire- or if you even want to listen to audio that isn't distorted. Routing anything through any bus results in "unable to mix audio" when my computer is not remotely stressed. I've used ACID Pro since V3 and I'm basically done with it after revisiting these old projects. This release should have been delayed until the program works. I didn't pay to be a beta tester. They haven't even listened to us and offered anything in the way of options for other skins. There's been one patch since April, when there really should be one every week, there are so many problems. I was so excited for this release and it's been nothing but SO TERRIBLY disappointing. I really hope MAGIX picks it up here.

Comments

rainer-kothig wrote on 5/19/2019, 8:46 AM

same here rewire acid pro-next 9 ,in slave does still not work , all other rewire like melodyne and reason etc work as slave in the daw with full functionality..very strange ..what are they doing is there a secret or not been tested ?

bernhard-kowatsch wrote on 5/19/2019, 11:04 AM

I have the same problem, I tried it on 2 diff. PCs, both Intel CPU and Intel Chipset, Win 7,8 and 10, all 64bit. Some people in this forum say, that they were able to use AP 8 and 9 in rewire mode. Unfortunately I haven´t got any reasonable answer from Magix.

I am a Samplitude Pro user since Sam 7, the Sam support reacted always very fast and professionaly! Within hours I got a patch one time and another time they implemented a function in an update patch, despite the fact, that it was not a bug, just a wish of mine...

From my point of view, ACID (rewire slave) and Sam (master) would be a perfect couple, much better and faster than Ableton and Sam.

bernie-c wrote on 5/29/2019, 2:41 PM

Why is Magix not addressing this? I see it's an issue. I use to use Acid all the time when it was with Sony and used ReWire to slave to Cubase. Never a problem. But I just got Acid 9 and have Cubase 8.5 and not having any success. It would be nice if Magix monitored this forum and gave us some feedback.

rainer-kothig wrote on 10/24/2019, 8:00 AM

Hello xxx,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to reproduce the problem. While Acid Pro 8 works fine via Rewire Acid Pro 9 and Next don't. Our developers are currently working on a solution for this and it will be released in a next update.

--
Best regards,
xxxa
MAGIX Software GmbH

So there is indeed a problem with Cubase and Acid Pro 9. Hope this helps anyone else out who experienced the same problems I have been having. Looking forward to the update from Magix. I'll post when I see the update released from Magi

still waiting for a working rewire update since , known serious issue not getting fixed solved, Another reason for me to hold off on ACID 9 ..

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/26/2019, 1:16 AM

The ReWire Slave not working bug has been fixed now, it should be included in the public beta version that was released yesterday.