Retrieving activation code

jpncx wrote on 1/26/2014, 9:18 AM

I ve formated my PC.

Had a new MAGIX rescue your videotapes install.

Dont recall my activation code or had that written down

or what my personal data/Email was used for it, since

it was a few years ago.

How to retrieve my new activation code, under my new

personal registration ??

The only thing I ve its my serial number product key.

URGENT ! Many thanks in advance !

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/27/2014, 1:13 AM

Hi

Unless you activated off line - you would not get an activation number.  After you enter the Serial number and register online the software is automatically activated.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/27/2014, 1:20 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jpncx wrote on 1/27/2014, 8:05 AM

Hi

Unless you activated off line - you would not get an activation number.  After you enter the Serial number and register online the software is automatically activated.

HTH

John

First of all, thanks for your reply !

Now let me see, from your answer and since I´ve activated the code ONLINE a few years ago, now i cannot retrieve my code again ~??

Like even if im the legal owner of the product, because of a simple activation code and registration info that i ve lost them, i can now throw away the product cos its trash, not usable ??? !!! Thats insane !!!

Sincerely

Joao Cruz

johnebaker wrote on 1/27/2014, 12:07 PM

Hi
. . . . since I´ve activated the code ONLINE a few years ago, now i cannot retrieve my code again . . .

You never get to see the activation code when you register the software online, it is automatically inserted into the software registration.  Only if you registered offline do you get an activation code to enter into the software.

You have the Serial Number which is all you need to activate online.

. . . . even if im the legal owner of the product . . . .

You never are the legal owner of the product, you purchase a license to use the product - see the terms and conditions here. - the same applies to all software - you are licensed to use it.

. . . . i can now throw away the product cos its trash, not usable ??? !!! Thats insane !! . . .

No - you just activate online again after entering the Serial Number, if you have exceeded the number of allowed activations then you should contact Magix and ask for the activation counter to be reset.

If you have a problem re-activating, because the software is already registered with different account details, then contact Magix.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/27/2014, 12:08 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jpncx wrote on 1/27/2014, 1:38 PM

If you have a problem re-activating, because the software is already registered with different account details, then contact Magix.

HTH

John

Yep thats it ! Thats the message I get when I ve tried to re-activate : its already registered with different account details, which of those I dont recall or know, since my first activation was several years ago !

Many thanks for your replies... I ve done what you ve adviced and made a contact to Magix Support !

Sincerely

Joao Cruz