Rescue Your Videotapes Version 7 "strains" my computer

bluesax99 wrote on 10/29/2013, 5:59 PM

Saw a similiar question but don't quite understand the proposed 'solution.' Using Rescue Your Videotapes version 7 for the first time with pc running Windows 7. Everything looks fine (somewhat shaky video but the tape I'm copying is old and I'm not overly concerned about quality for now) and the transfer starts well enough. But after a couple of minutes, I get the "Your computer may be strained, blah blah blah. Go to lower quality etc etc". I've gone to advanced settings, checked "optimize for older computer etc. but this has happened three times and the last time something called a "crash dump" happened. Pretty frightening to look at but a reboot went fine. I don't know where to set parameters like 'rates' and 'audio settings' etc. Audio is fine, video is acceptable. But only for a short time. What should I be doing differently? Thanks for help/information.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/31/2013, 6:14 PM

Hi

What is your computer specification ?

The message usually appears if the computer is not fast enough to keep up with the digitisation/conversion process for the quality/format you have selected to import.

Note if this is a VHS, DV (not HD DV)  or Hi 8 tape then the resolution is low and trying to record/capture at any thing above 720 * 576 is not necessary - you will not improve the video.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/31/2013, 6:14 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

bluesax99 wrote on 11/9/2013, 9:29 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Sorry it took so long to respond. I tried the program again and it was worse. I didn't even get to start the VCR (copying a VHS tape) when I got a blue screen full of words and a 'countdown' to a 'dump crash.' I have no idea what that is so I removed the Magix usb and rebooted the computer.

My computer is maybe two years old, running Windows 7. It has a 2.2 Ghz processor and 8 gigs of memory. It's the 64-bit OS. I recall that when installing the Magix program, I had a choice of x86 or x64 programs to install and I chose x86. Should I have installed the other? And, if so, do I now uninstall the program and reinstall? As you can tell, I not highly computer literate. But I'm learning. Thanks so much for your helpful info. Peace