Rescue Your Videotapes - USB Not Recognised in Program - Windows 10

anotheruser wrote on 3/14/2016, 8:17 AM

I'd like some definitive answers here.

I am running Windows 10.  The software worked on Windows 7 fine.

I have the white/red wandler.

I have installed the software, however the manual says to install the USB driver before connecting the Wandler.  The installation software then complains it cannot find any hardware attached so quits.  Device Manager knows what the USB device is and names it appropriately.

I have downloaded the latest program update (Movies on DVD 7 - movies_on_dvd_7_7.0.3.7_uk).

I've read about downloading the x86 driver, but this machine is 64-bit so won't accept a 32-bit installation (or so the install file tells me).

The program says "no recording devices have been found on your system".

This leads me to think it is a program problem, rather than driver/hardware related.

When installing the (red/white) driver from: https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/download/usb-video-capture-driver-redwhite
I get an install error regarding the signature right at the end.

Any thoughts?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/14/2016, 8:37 AM

Hi

. . . . I've read about downloading the x86 driver, but this machine is 64-bit so won't accept a 32-bit installation (or so the install file tells me). . . . .

Windows 10 will install 32 bit drivers - what is the exact error message?

Try installing the 32 bit drivers after turning on this Windows feature :

If you encounter further problems with RYVT then try re-installing using this procedure.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/14/2016, 8:37 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

anotheruser wrote on 3/22/2016, 4:55 AM

Well I've given that a go.

Still no good though.
I found a photo on another part of the forum that says:

reboot > install driver for USB > connect USB > Install program

However the USB driver won't install without the wandler being connected.

My Windows system is fine so nothing a miss there.

In addition, when installing the USB driver from the downloads section (red/white version), I get a "Windows Update Standalone Installer" error 0x80096002.  The installer then crshes so I don't know if it's installed properly or not.

Can you confirm the program works with Windows 10?
I don't want to keep installing and un-installing the software.  Is there other software I can use by wandler with?

Thanks