Rescue Your Videotapes 2.0 with Windows 10. Is it possible?

Ela wrote on 12/28/2020, 7:18 AM

Hello,
I have "Ratuj swoje kasety" 2.0 (Polish version of Rescue Your Videotapes). It has been instaled in 2010 year. I try to use it with Windows 10 now. It does not work. I think the problem is with driver. I can not install MAGIX USB-Videowandler 2. Is it possible to work with Rescue Your Videotapes 2.0 on the computer with Wondows 10?

Ela

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/28/2020, 8:02 AM

@Ela

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Please read my answer in this thread, where the user is asking about version 4, so two versions "newer" than yours!

I doubt very much whether you will be able to have your version run under Windows 10, sorry.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ela wrote on 12/29/2020, 6:22 PM

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for the important information. I removed the programm from my main computer. I found old laptop with Window 7. Rescue your videotapes 2.0 works ok :-)
E.

mercer wrote on 4/15/2024, 5:51 PM

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for the important information. I removed the programm from my main computer. I found old laptop with Window 7. Rescue your videotapes 2.0 works ok :-)
E.

Can you link me the software as I've lost mine ;_;

emmrecs wrote on 4/16/2024, 4:07 AM

@mercer

If you have previously registered the software and so created a Magix account, go here, log in, go to My products and find the listing for your software. It should include a link to the installer.

BUT, if you are asking about an old version of Rescue Your Video Tapes there is a considerable chance that it is either, no longer available, or will not run or even install under any recent version of Windows.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mercer wrote on 4/16/2024, 10:19 AM

@mercer

If you have previously registered the software and so created a Magix account, go here, log in, go to My products and find the listing for your software. It should include a link to the installer.

BUT, if you are asking about an old version of Rescue Your Video Tapes there is a considerable chance that it is either, no longer available, or will not run or even install under any recent version of Windows.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Yeah it's not there, that's why I'm asking other places to get it. And yeah I know it won't work on recent version of windows but that's why I have windows 7 on my laptop so I can use that software. I'd just like to have a back up if something happens to that computer

emmrecs wrote on 4/16/2024, 11:03 AM

@mercer

Thanks for the additional information.

If the product is not showing in your Magix account I think your only option is to email infoservice@magix.net and ask if they are able/willing to send you a download link.

Jeff
Forum Moderator