Rescue your video tapes 6, Win7, no Videowandler 2 USB driver included!

jamesbtex wrote on 12/12/2012, 4:43 PM

Why is there no Videowandler 2 USB driver included in this software package for Windows 7?!

I have tried everything I can think of but it continues to complain about "Device driver sofware was not successfully installed, USB 28286 Device, No driver found".

In the device manager it is showing a problem under  "Other devices", USB 28286 Device.

This is a basic low level problem that I should not be encountering if Magix had properly tested their installation software package. There are also NO newer versions on their web site.

The version of the MAGIX USB Videowandler 2 software that is installed from the CD is 1.02.0000. The only version I could find on MAGIX's web site is an older 1.01.0000 version. BOTH versions fail the same way.

Very dissappointed in this product. It fails during installation and I haven't even had a chance to use it yet.

Comments

hhancox wrote on 12/18/2012, 7:14 PM

I found a posting by someone named haz who was having a similar problem.  He got a link from Magix support so I tried it and it worked on my windows 7 machine.  Here is the link you can use to download and then install the fix.

http://download.magix.net/support2/driver2828x.zip

Hope this works for you also.

lixurion999 wrote on 3/9/2013, 1:56 AM

I had the same trouble. By reinstalling Windows Vista new on my computer, it was possible to recognize correctly the USB driver for this interface. In the same time I could fix problems with the Windows updates which had come to endless loops (of restarting requests). Now I can use the software but found a new bug in the editing software. If you want to export large files, the images do not correspond at all to the audiostream. Good luck!

jamesbtex wrote on 3/9/2013, 2:13 AM

Thanks for following up on this.

Yes someone else suggested that to me also and it worked.

What is a real shame is that the company magix didn't make that link avaliable as information on their web site.

They had the file there but no where in the FAQ, or anywhere else on their site did they reference it.

My biggest beef is that they didn't do a proper test of their product before releasing it.

People should not run into these issues when purchasing a companies software.

It's probably the last time I will purchase anything from Magix because of this.