Resample Problems

Frederico-Vieira wrote on 6/13/2022, 9:15 PM

I try the use the resample tool in process menu in a file recorded at 48.000 khz and i needed to resample them to 44.000 Khz. The tool do not make any effect the sound keep in the same whitout modification. I have already uninstall the software and re instaled but the problem subsist. Thank you. I use Sound Forge audio studio 16.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/14/2022, 4:02 AM

@Frederico-Vieira

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, since you are using Sound forge Audio Studio I have moved your post to the correct area of the forum.

The tool do not make any effect the sound keep in the same whitout modification

What modification are you expecting? Resampling the audio should make no difference whatever to the audio you hear, since the upper frequencies available at 44.1kHz (where the maximum upper frequency is 22.05kHz, as compared to 24kHz for the higher sampling frequency) is well above the limits of human hearing! Only dogs or bats are likely to hear any modification!

Have you checked the properties of the resamples file? Do they show it as being at 44.1kHz sample rate?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam