Replacement for Vegas Movie Studio and Architect.

John-Syers wrote on 1/20/2024, 7:21 AM

I have a series of rendered video projects created in the *.vf file format from a past version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I normally process the data into dvd form using Architect v4.5 which I now understand is no longer supported. Is there another alternative package available to replace Architect to allow future dvd copies to be created.

John

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/20/2024, 7:33 AM

@John-Syers

First, please read this pinned post and follow the advice given there.

Second, you need to be aware that if you do indeed have a version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio this is now very old. Currently this software is named Magix Movie Studio.

BUT it is a rebadged version of Magix Movie Edit Pro and cannot successfully read your .vf format project files; you need to look at Magix Vegas Edit or Magix Vegas Pro in order to have any chance of fully reopening your old projects. You will find much more information about these at the forum linked in the pinned post.

With reference to DVD Architect, the last version was version 7 but, as you say, it is no longer sold, apparently. Again, you need to ask about this in the Vegas forums since it is officially a Magix Vegas product.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ericlnz wrote on 1/20/2024, 4:23 PM

@John-Syers DVDA is a stand alone product so you can continue using it with video files from any video editor. If you feed it compliant DVD/Blu-ray files it won't even need to recompress (re-render).

John-Syers wrote on 1/20/2024, 6:57 PM

Thanks for the reply. I presume DVDA refers to the Architect product which I no longer have access to. Any advice of where this can be obtained so I can complete a current project.

ericlnz wrote on 1/21/2024, 3:09 AM

@John-Syers Assuming your Architect v4 was Sony DVD Architect check in your Magix account https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/ from where you should be able to download it and the serial number should be there. The majority of the Sony Creative Software purchases and registrations were migrated over to Magix. If it's not there post on the Vegas forum for further help https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/add-ons-forum/