Repeated pausing at same point in playback

c.mcnair32 wrote on 3/19/2014, 6:05 AM

Hi, 

I have transferred a clip from a video onto the computer. it doesnt need any editing but after burning it to DVD and then play it back it keeps stopping in the same place. I have tried going back to the original edition on the computer and looking at it on the preview playback but it is still stopping in the same place. It is mid scene and about 39 seconds into the project (only 7 mins long in total) and if I set it to play just after the point it pauses, the rest of the film plays fine. I have searched various options but cant seem to find a solution so was just looking for any suggestions if possible please

Thank you

(I have the Magix rescue youe videotapes package - Video Easy RYVT Edition 2)

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/19/2014, 7:35 AM

Hi

Does the original video clip played on another player eg Media Player, VLC etc also pause at the same point?

If so then there is a break or corruption in the video stream in the file. 

Try editting out a the frame where the pause occurs - zoom in on the timeline so you can see individual frames in the clip -  see if this fixes the problem - this may introduce a small jump if there is some movement

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/19/2014, 7:35 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

c.mcnair32 wrote on 3/19/2014, 5:17 PM

Hi, thanks for responding...the original video doesnt have a break, have just had to edit that section and remove the 'broken' bit or whatever it is. There is about a second missing now so slight bump in playback but at least it isnt stopping the whole thing and returning to menu mid sentence now.

Thank you very much for your assistance

Caroline

c.mcnair32 wrote on 3/26/2014, 1:58 PM

Thanks, I have managed to do it. I had to delete the second that was causing the problem so it jumps slightly but at least it keeps playing now...thank you for you help...