Renders with 32-bit plugins is totally messed up.

AlbinoWino wrote on 7/4/2019, 6:07 AM

So I switch to ACID 9 this week and yesterday I did a bunch of work and rendered A LOAD of stems and today I check them out and they're all clicky and stuttery - completely unusable. I go into ACID to figure out why and it turns out that my mastering chains are all 32 bit plugins because I started the projects in ACID 7. When I remove the 32 bit plugins and render, the render is fine.

This is a huge issue as now I have to go and replace every 32 bit plugin and redo all their settings in these projects if I want to render them out or work on old projects in ACID 9. Is there any way to render without this stuttering happening or do I have to wait on an update?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/4/2019, 10:29 AM

@AlbinoWino

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Do you have 64 bit versions of those VSTs installed and available to AP9? I don't own Acid but I understand it is now a fully 64 bit program. As such, it requires 64 bit plug ins.

If you do not have 64 bit versions of the plugs you will need to "bridge" your existing 32 bit versions to allow them to work in AP9. I think it includes a built-in bridge but if not it might be worth you looking into using something like jbridge which I have used in other audio editing programs to allow me to run 32 bit VSTs in a 64 bit program, and vice versa.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

AlbinoWino wrote on 7/4/2019, 11:21 AM

@AlbinoWino

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Do you have 64 bit versions of those VSTs installed and available to AP9? I don't own Acid but I understand it is now a fully 64 bit program. As such, it requires 64 bit plug ins.

If you do not have 64 bit versions of the plugs you will need to "bridge" your existing 32 bit versions to allow them to work in AP9. I think it includes a built-in bridge but if not it might be worth you looking into using something like jbridge which I have used in other audio editing programs to allow me to run 32 bit VSTs in a 64 bit program, and vice versa.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thanks for your response.

Yeah I'm currently going through and replacing the 32 bit versions with their 64 bit counterparts and the renders sound fine now. There is a built in bridge and that is the problem - you think you're fine with it until you go to actually render something and you find out the issue. Thankyou for the link I'll be using that in future instead of the native bridge. Hopefully if it will it retroactively fix my old projects that have 32 bit plugins in it.