Rendering in AP7 at 48/24 and SF Audio Studio 10 won't open file

guitacid wrote on 8/16/2017, 9:00 PM

Hi,

First post since the great separation from SCS to Magix. Anyways as the title implies I am wondering why SF AS 10 won't open a 48k/24bit file. The project it self was created at 44/16 but I need to supply some tracks at 48/24. i.e I need to 'uprate' the resolution so to speak. Should I just mixdown to stereo as usual to 44/16 and then open the file in another editor and create a 48/24 wav in that?

p.s I am part way through building a new audio PC. will be win10. hoping to put Acid Pro 8 onto it. hint hint Magix! :>)

thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/17/2017, 4:03 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

I don't own or use SF so what I say here is pure speculation/guesswork on my part, but is SF capable of opening and playing an audio file which is at a different sample rate or bit depth to the one specified for the particular project? In other words, is it able to resample on the fly? From what you write, it would appear not.

If so, I think your only option is to do what you suggested; create a mixdown of the specific tracks you need to convert and open them in an editor which is capable of doing the up-sampling.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam